Indianapolis Colts Concept

alkatraz

actually they sell the horseshoe c-olts hats at several places its almost like an unofficial/secondary wordmark

do you or anyone have a link to those C-olts hats ? ... just curious. Thanks

I couldn't find the hat, but i found the wordmark i was thinking of

colts2.jpg

Not bad, but the Colts uniforms are untouchable

Ugh. Nothing is untouchable. Obviously the Colts don't think their look is untouchable, considering they just changed it.

Anyway, I like the addition of grey into their scheme (kind of like they had in the 80's road uni's.)

I think that with their current dome / turf setup, a more modern silver would be the way to go, but if their new stadium has grass (or more realistic turf) than a flat grey would look better, keeping things more traditional. I'm not the biggest fan of the numbers you did or the sleeve stripes, but it's a nice start.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not bad, but the Colts uniforms are untouchable

Ugh. Nothing is untouchable. Obviously the Colts don't think their look is untouchable, considering they just changed it.

Anyway, I like the addition of grey into their scheme (kind of like they had in the 80's road uni's.)

I think that with their current dome / turf setup, a more modern silver would be the way to go, but if their new stadium has grass (or more realistic turf) than a flat grey would look better, keeping things more traditional. I'm not the biggest fan of the numbers you did or the sleeve stripes, but it's a nice start.

Yeah. What those Colts need is more GREY to spice things up.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They used grey before, but the jersey / helmet didn't match the pants. I think it could work.

I like their set now, I just think it is odd for one of the most traditionally dressed teams to play indoors on turf.

And I don't think that any uniform in any sport isn't open to suggestion. Not that the suggestions are always better, but there's room for improvement (even if only a bit) in every design.

Here's the grey I'm talking about.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=14701&hl=

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To be honest, I struggle with the role timelessness and tradition should be playing in designs, especially on a creative board like this. I guess it is because I see two different qualities in designs: tradition and aesthetics. I think that causes confusion when we judge the merits of designs. I mean, honestly, if there had never been a Colts franchise - and someone submitted something like their currrent unis in a contest or something - they most likely would not get a single vote. Many would probably say the same for the Yankees, Penn State, and others. However, those designs are (and should) remain permanent. However, I don't think "tradition" should stand in the way of folks wanting to create different concepts for these teams just to try to experiment with something aesthetically pleasing. Therefore, whenever anyone comes up with a concept for the Colts, Cardinals, Yankees, Packers, etc... I make sure to judge them on their aesthetic value, even if it isn't realistic to expect the concept to be implemented.

LT

Archived