New MetroStars Jersey

Breakwood

If MLS dosen't have shirt sponsors for their kit like most professional teams outside North America, why do they opt to have small crest on their jerseys?

i think that having large crests on the jerseys might look a tad goofy, like those New York Ranger alternates/throwbacks where the rangers logo is blown up over the chese of the jersey.

It's not the small crests that bother me, it's putting the team's name where the sponsor logo should go.

If they're not going to have sponsorship (and good for them), why are they cluttering the jerseys with a team name? That's what the crest is for. It's almost like they thought "hey, all those teams in Europe have a big logo across their chests, we should have a big logo across our chests too!" And with all the small logos they have plastered over the uniforms, it's not as though they have some aesthetic or principled objection to shirt sponsorship.

Either they should sell genuine shirt sponsorships like the rest of the world or they should go for a clean, classic look - crest and jersey manufactiurer's logo on chest and nothing else. Like Barca and Chelsea.

I really like the cut of the new black Crew shirts - the yellow triangles at the neckline look sharp. A little like Nike's shirt for Man U before the current one, which is (IMO) the best they've worn in the past couple decades.

It's not the small crests that bother me, it's putting the team's name where the sponsor logo should go.

If they're not going to have sponsorship (and good for them), why are they cluttering the jerseys with a team name? That's what the crest is for. It's almost like they thought "hey, all those teams in Europe have a big logo across their chests, we should have a big logo across our chests too!" And with all the small logos they have plastered over the uniforms, it's not as though they have some aesthetic or principled objection to shirt sponsorship.

Either they should sell genuine shirt sponsorships like the rest of the world or they should go for a clean, classic look - crest and jersey manufactiurer's logo on chest and nothing else. Like Barca and Chelsea.

I really like the cut of the new black Crew shirts - the yellow triangles at the neckline look sharp. A little like Nike's shirt for Man U before the current one, which is (IMO) the best they've worn in the past couple decades.

actually, as if things weren't stupid enough as it is, the dallas burn used to wear radioshak ads below the numbers on the back of their shirts.....

so they STILL had sponsors... they just put them on the back. lol.

i think this is common for mls teams... but i rarely watch them, so i don't know for sure.

Archived