Winners! And... Weasels.

WJMorris3

Okay. This idea is borrowed from the local sports talk station, 610-WIP. I remember when on Fridays, they used to have people nominating the best and worst performances among sports people that week. The best performance was the Winner of the Week, and the worst performance, the Weasel of the Week.

I figured we could bring that here. For the next four days, until 1 AM on Friday, February 18, I'd like you all to nominate winners and weasels in the realm of sports this past week (Monday, February 7 - Sunday, February 13). Eligible for either award would be players, teams, leagues, owners, commissioners, referees - in short, anyone who is officially recognized to be connected to a sports team or league. What they did need not have been done on the playing field - Randy Johnson could have been named as a weasel for his scuffle with the New York cameramen.

Please nominate your choices for Winner and Weasel of the Week via PM to me by 1 AM on Friday, February 18. Once the nomination period is up, we'll have three days of voting.

Will

LvZYtbZ.png

I think this idea would be better served by people posting their nominations here. Winners are usually obvious, but weasels usually lead to some pretty funny posts.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived