Updating Fantasy Logo, Need Help

BallWonk

After digesting the terrific C&C I got on my logos for my fantasy baseball team, the [City Name Here] Rhubarbs, I've been trying a new direction. Without much success; I'm up against the limits of my limited talent here. Folks were consistent in calling for a more "rhubarby" look. I got tired of drawing stalks and leaves, and my Veggie-Tales-like rhubarb animal thing was just weird.

So I decided to go with a pie. A slice of rhubarb pie, which after all is what I named my team after.

Yet while I really like the pie slice, I'm sort of stuck on the fact that I really like my existing script. I've played around with new wordmarks, and while I've made a couple that have a sort of, how to describe it, appropriately gardeny look, I've yet to come up with anything that can budge my bias in favor of my current script.

The problem is that I'm past the point where I can judge whether my script and my pie work together, or whether they even can. So I would value any criticism, comments, or suggestions you could offer. Help!

Current Logo

barbslogo-0904.png

New Logo

barbslogo-pie.png

20082614447.png

I agree. Don't lose the wordmark, it is great. What about replacing the slice of pie with a whole pie minus a slice? You would be able to get a better feeling of the baseball. (The single slice of pie looks a little bit like someone drove over it.) Maybe the single slice of pie could be incorporated into a secondary logo.

Really nice job.

What about replacing the slice of pie with a whole pie minus a slice?  You would be able to get a better feeling of the baseball.  (The single slice of pie looks a little bit like someone drove over it.)  Maybe the single slice of pie could be incorporated into a secondary logo.

The whole pie. I like that idea. Here is something along those lines:

New Logo With Whole Pie

barbslogo-wholepie.png

And I could still use the pie slice as a secondary logo.

But is this any good? Is it communicating "baseball," "rhubarb," and some degree of whimsy?

BTW, that's a rhubarb pie, no strawberries. Strawberry-rhubarb pie is for wimps. ^_^

20082614447.png

That last one is excellent. It will make a great sleeve patch. the single slice will make a great alternate cap logo. ( I am assuming the primary cap logo is the R.)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

barbslogo-wholepie.png

That is one beautiful logo, right there! Colours are perfect, execution is flawless. I agree with tempest, it would make a fantastic sleeve logo. I also agree with you, BallWonk, strawberry-rhubarb pies are for mama's boys! :P

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

New Logo With Whole Pie

barbslogo-wholepie.png

:shocked:

That's a great logo! I love the way the ball is included in the pie. This is unique, and tasteful...

04081309382365.jpg

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived