Miami Heat Logo...the difference

rmackman

A few years ago the Miami Heat changed their uniforms, which wasn't a bad thing. They also changed their logo very slightly, which was. Here is the old logo thanks to PANTONE:

MiamiHeat_PL_1989-1999.jpg

and here is what they use now:

MIA_799.gif

Frankly, I don't understand why they went from the nice flaming gradient, which actually looks like fire, to the solid red/yellow combination. It's not a big deal really, but it kind of looks stupid when you look in the rafters and see that some of the banners have the new logo, and some have the old. It just looks tacky. They really should have just kept the gradient. It also looks bad that the court's primary color is yellow, when that is only a 3rd color for the team who has one stripe of yellow on either side of their home jerseys.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Gradients = bad.

Bottom line.

If you remember, the logo looked really horrible on the back of the warmup jerseys, and on the shorts. You just can't represent gradients well in embroidery, and they made a good move in getting rid of it.

I wish they could have kept the Orange too, but ya can't have everything.

I haven't heard anything about the Heat changing anything...especially for next year...interesting though...where'd you hear that?

Anyway, I though I'd post both logos to see them a little better:

1988-1989 through 1998-1999:

MiamiHeat_PL_1989-1999.jpg

1999-2000 through present:

MiamiHeat_PL_2000-9999.jpg

I agree that the original looks better here, but not when it was used in anything other than in print applications.

The tail on the "T" is different too.

I like the new one better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thankfully they didn't do that alternating thing. They really do need to put more black on the courts though, and not that yellow. I can see where the gradient was hard to make in embroidery. I guess it only looked good when they printed it. I haven't heard anything about a new Heat logo for next year though. I think they should at least keep the current logo until Shaq retires. That way you can associate this logo with the Seikaly, Mourning, O'Neal years, then when Dwayne Wade takes over for good, have a new logo for that era.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

yea i hated the gradient look

oh yea im also hearing that the heat are changing their logo soon...next season i think

Where did you hear that? I hope it isn't true. I think their logo is perfect the way it is and probably one of the top 5 in the NBA.

Anyway, the older logo is just...tacky...It didn't look all that great on jersies, warm-ups, etc. And it didn't even look good on the court at the old Miami Arena. The new one is definitely better, although I'm not that big of a fan of their uni's.

Needs to be red white and blue, and maybe have a tiger eating the ball.

LMAO

I like the Heat's court - it's unique, and it's certainly not bland like the all black court (mid-to-late 90's), or like the ugly red court the Heat had their first couple of years. The old logo certainly is better in print, but the new logo looks better on everything else. And the new unis are definitely an upgrade.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived