Are these two teams related?

newsenterprise

Are the Reading Royals of the ECHL and the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL affiliated with each other? I'm not a big hockey buff, but the lohos look too similar for them not to be related to each other.

ReadingRoyals2000.GIFManchesterMonarchs2001.GIF

Both affiliated with the LA Kings, yes.

Speaking of the Royals, I live near and went to school near Reading and Royals games are a fun night out and the Sovereign Center is a high quality minor league arena. I highly recommend getting to a game if you ever commit a sin henoius enough to get you banished by God to Reading, PA in the winter.

The Royals have very classy unis and jerseys as well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Kings, Monarchs, Royals: precisely why I named my AHL (Major League Hockey) fantasy team the Czars.

Naming the affiliated teams in the same vein lets everyone know that they're related without explicitly telling you (i.e.- St. John's Maple Leafs).

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Kings, Monarchs, Royals: precisely why I named my AHL (Major League Hockey) fantasy team the Czars.

Naming the affiliated teams in the same vein lets everyone know that they're related without explicitly telling you (i.e.- St. John's Maple Leafs).

IIRC, back in the day, the Sabres minor league club was the Cincinnati Swords...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I was in Manchester last night for the AHL All-Star Game. That city has some great fans and really know how to put on a show. I've been to a couple games there. Great arena too.

I also noticed the Bridgeport Sound Tigers jerseys use the nicest shade of blue I have ever seen.

Go Pirates! :)

mainescarf.png

IIRC, back in the day, the Sabres minor league club was the Cincinnati Swords...

And now Cincinnati has the Mighty Ducks... yes, the only team called the Mighty Ducks playing pro hockey presently, and it's no where near Disneyland.

Archived