Oakland A's logo

mjrbaseball

It's their brand of good-ol family style baseball. Examples of this are inciting riots in the bullpen, throwing cell phones at opposing players and biting the appendages off of police officers while being restrained for disorderly conduct.

mainescarf.png

The A's are cooler than the Giants. Oakland's Moneyball is cooler than the One-Man Roid Show in San Francisco. SBC Park is overrated. Too many cutesy angles in the outfield fences. And I heard it has "wireless hotspots." What the hell is that? Internet stuff? Why do you need to go on the Internet at a baseball game? Pack up the laptop, we're going to a Giants game! That's stupid. The Oakland Coliseum is cooler. It transcends corporate names, whereas Giants fans try to ignore this new corporate name by calling it by its OLD corporate name. It's not pretty either. No fancy food or picturesque views. It's a big chunk of concrete in which baseball is played. It's tough. Like Oakland. A's rule. Giants suck. Game over.

But oddly enough, the Cubs are much cooler than the White Sox! How does THAT work out?

I don't know what Brand U.S.A. means.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Oakland Coliseum is cooler. It transcends corporate names, whereas Giants fans try to ignore this new corporate name by calling it by its OLD corporate name.

Yeah, McAfee Coliseum is SO non-corporate. :wacko:

My point was that everyone CALLS it "The Coliseum" throughout all the names ANYWAY.

:wacko:

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Everyone? I hear sportscasters call it McAfee (and it's former name, Network Associates) all the time.

Sportscasters, have they had a chance to call it McAfee yet? At any rate, fans call it the Coliseum

Reports about the upcoming season have mentioned McAfee.

everyone CALLS it "The Coliseum"

Just for reference:

eve·ry

adj.

1. Constituting each and all members of a group without exception.

The elephant came from a remark by John McGraw calling the then-Philadelphia Athletics "a bunch of white elephants". They brought it back (with a little bit of help from moi) in 1988.

Oh, and Maury, welcome to the boards.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The A's are cooler than the Giants. Oakland's Moneyball is cooler than the One-Man Roid Show in San Francisco. SBC Park is overrated. Too many cutesy angles in the outfield fences. And I heard it has "wireless hotspots." What the hell is that? Internet stuff? Why do you need to go on the Internet at a baseball game? Pack up the laptop, we're going to a Giants game! That's stupid. The Oakland Coliseum is cooler. It transcends corporate names, whereas Giants fans try to ignore this new corporate name by calling it by its OLD corporate name. It's not pretty either. No fancy food or picturesque views. It's a big chunk of concrete in which baseball is played.

Careful TCR, you're asking for trouble. Please refrain from baiting, thank you. And to respond to your comments. SBC is overrated? That's why everyone calls it one of, if not the best ballpark. You have a gorgeous view of the Bay, the Bay Bridge. The "cutesy angles" in the outfield fence are for fans to peek in along the right field wall for free. I don't recall any ballpark that does that. The wireless hot spot is more so for the media so they don't have to fuss with cables and such when filing for reports.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The "cutesy angles" in the outfield fence are for fans to peek in along the right field wall for free. I don't recall any ballpark that does that.

comerica park in detroit also has an area where passers-by can check out the action for free.

And I heard it has "wireless hotspots." What the hell is that? Internet stuff? Why do you need to go on the Internet at a baseball game? Pack up the laptop, we're going to a Giants game! That's stupid.

Actually, I think it's a great idea.

If you only go to a couple of games / year (or are a kid with no real job) then it doesn't matter to you. But what if you live in the city and go to dozens (or even all) of home games? You are leaving your office, but have unfinished work, so you go to the game and work on it. Not everyone goes to baseball games and is fixated on every second of the game. Baseball is too slow for that. But, a ballpark is a great place just to "be." I think more people may attend games if they new it didn't mean being late with a project or report or story. Or even just for casual browsing. I wish Citizens Bank Park had them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived