UNC vs. Virginia 80's Night

The Danimal

FYI, UNC vs. UVa tonight will feature both teams wearing their 80's style uniforms.

Also, ESPN will use 80's style graphics, and the announcers and fans will wear retro garb as well.

I did hear that they will not be reproducing the short-shorts look of the 80's, sorry to disappoint!

All in all, I was a little disappointed with UNC's throwbacks. They didn't quite look like I expected. Mainly, the letters and numbers on the front of the jerseys were too small. Also, the shade of Carolina Blue was a little lighter than what they actually used back then.

What can you do?

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing UNC go back to these.

pagan, are you a Checkers fan? I go to a game now and then myself. Best sports deal in town, $25 will get you in along with 3 big-ass beers!

Another Charlottean? Awesome. Welcome to the board.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If you have been waching ESPN Classic for the past 2 months on these evenings, you would have known that these schools have not done much, if anything to account for the marketed "throwback" era. The majority of these games have involved C-USA, with TCU two times and there has not been a change in uniform. There was one home game and one road game. It is done for TV, especially the first "retro" game was during a winter break when there were no students to dress "retro" for Tulane @ TCU. If they were to go retor, I would have expected Tulane to shave points that night since it would have been in early-1980's mode (remember John "Hot Rod' Williams scandal for you young ones)!

:P

Archived