Alonzo Mourning vs. Alonzo Mourning

rmackman

Since Zo looks set to come back home to South Beach, I'm presenting an interesting scenario. Let's say I can go back in time and bring different versions of Alonzo Mourning to the present so they can all play in a one-on-one round robin. Which Alonzo Mourning wins?

1993 Alonzo Mourning

10358442.jpg

1997 Alonzo Mourning

heat3.jpg

2002 Alonzo Mourning

4151321.jpg

2004 Alonzo Mourning

10364494.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Alonzo Mourning earned $3 million from the Raptors and he never even came to Toronto.

I just felt the need to share that.

I heard Toronto bought him out for $9 million. The Raptors' rationale was that they would save something like $30 to $36 million by paying Zo the $9 mill buyout cost and then releasing him. At first glance it doesn't make sense, but then you figure out that they got rid of Vince's contract, and the years left on Alonzo's contract, and bingo, they saved.

Of course, if they were real smart, they would realize they can save $45 million by not paying Mourning anything, but that's the NBA. It's FAN-tastic! (Bill Simmons tribute right there)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived