Reds alternate changes

Discrim

pMLB2-1826857reg.jpg

oddly enough, I first saw this at Operation Sports.  this caught me by surprise.

I love the new bright red alternates. 229031_elefant.GIF

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

the only thing I didn't like about the alternates from last year was that the C didn't say reds in it, at least this years has that. What they should do is keep the black but where the all red alteranate hat that they never wear (go to a game and half the fans will have this hat on.) Then they need to drop the black hats and wear red underneath the gray vest like was originally intended when these jerseys were made in 99

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I've always liked the Reds. They had made an agreement with my dad that they were going to sign him out of HS in 1966. He broke his collarbone in the state champ game and never was able to regain his velocity. The Reds,even thought they had no obligation to him, paid his way through Junior College. That being said...I don't mind a tiny bit of back in the uniforms but as far as their game cap goes...lose the black portions of the caps. Go with the all red cap with the white "C"(I don't mind the slim black shadow on the C) BUT I do like the all black BP cap. I have no problem with it as long as they don't make a NewEra5950 game cap that is black.

2qluyo7.png

I don't like white piping on a solid color jersey.

For that reason alone, I like the new alt better. Even if I can't stand the black.

the piping on the old one was white-black-white. there was a lil bit of black in it.

I don't like white piping on a solid color jersey.

For that reason alone, I like the new alt better.  Even if I can't stand the black.

the piping on the old one was white-black-white. there was a lil bit of black in it.

Yeah, I know, but it was predominantly white.

heh...at least both of em look better than the Braves' reds.

i'd rather have white piping than black...after all, isn't piping there so you can see it? (Mets, you guys listening?)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Comparison of the old and new:

pMLB2-1348023reg.jpgpMLB2-1826857reg.jpg

The Reds need to get rid of the black in their uniforms.

After seeing them side by side, I definitely stick with my first impression... I really liked those red alts from last year. The fact it used the cap logo instead of inserting "Reds" made them a bit different. I'm never a fan of adding more black, but it could have been worse I guess -- this new one could have been completely black. The Reds have done a good job of scaling it back a bit in recent years, so I guess I can't complain about just a bit of piping.

I agree with the idea of using the all red cap as a primary and ditching the black-crowned cap completely... I could live with the black bill on the road. Basically if they used black as a trim color or drop shadow only (same with the Mets) it would be much more tolerable, and they could sell all the black merchandise they wanted still.

And BGMack, I really liked those 1993ish makeovers, too. For some reason I have a soft spot for road pinstripes... Actually a lot of the posted throwbacks would be an upgrade to the current uni IMO.

I wish someone wouldn't have posted them side by side. It proves to me that the people up top in red's management are crazy. That new Alt looks like a BP jersey, n fact that is almost exactly what their BP uni looks like.

The deeper red in last years, the C without writing in it and the size of the guy on the sleeves seems so much cooler in last years.

I'm buying one of those as soon as the price drops!

That last year alt should be there damn home jersey!

Archived