Dunk Contest

HappyBrownie13

I missed the NBA Dunk Contest this year...how was it? I heard Josh Smith won, which didn't surprise me, but did he and/or the rest of the field impress? They should just find a sponsor who will pay the top 8 dunkers in the league to compete. Oh well...

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Some of the dunks were sick (as the kids say today), especially the one where Amare bounced the ball off the backboard, which then bounced off Steve Nash's head for Amare to grab and slam home. And then there was Smith's flying over K-Mart who sat on a chair and bounced the ball up for him. Smith damn near took his head off!

Overall, it was pretty good, although some of the acts were so outrageous that guys needed 6 or 7 tries before they put the dunk in...by then, everyone knew what the guy was tryin' to do, so it made the dunk in question less spectacular than all of Smith's (he got it right on the first try every time that I recall).

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Both SMiths had good udnk and teh dunk where Josh Smith jumped over K-Mart and BNash head butted the ball to AMare Stoudemire stole the show.

As for Chris Andersen he shows why the need to modify the ruels where u can only get 3 tries at most.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Amare's dunk (with the Steve Nash header) was just insane. :blink:

That dunk seemed so unreal, I couldn't believe it -- if anyone has played NBA Live 2005, it was something you'd expect to see in their dunk contest.

Stoudemire throws the ball off the backboard, Nash heads it (like in soccer), Stoudemire grabs it and dunks it home.

Awesome stuff.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

One of the commentators (it might have been Barkley) said that Stoudamire/Nash's soccer dunk was taken right out of NBA Live 2005. Either that, or thay have been studying dunkd in general by playing the video game.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I thought the dunk contest was very good. A lot of creativity in the dunks, and 3 perfect scores by Josh Smith alone. Amare was very creative in using Steve Nash's soccer ability.

I think Josh Smith's best dunk was his last one -- especially after you see it from different angles. The 360 tomahawk one. That one left me in awe.

IUe6Hvh.png

I saw highlights only as well and thought this was one the best in recent years.

The JR Smith behind the back jam was incredible.

Josh Smith busting out the 'Nique #21 jersey was cool. He got a 10 in my book just for that.

They do need to modify the rules though. If you miss twice, forget about it...YOU'RE OUT

Did they show clips or televise the PLaystation challenge that Nash won?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Dunk contest was nice. But the highlight of the night was Sir Charles ragging on a Chubby Voshon Lenard in the 3 point contest.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Woo, Josh Smith was birdman in the slam dunk contest. I believe that if Amare had held that Steve Nash header dunk for the finals, he would've won. But, he didn't, so c'est la vie. But congratulations for Josh Smith, Atlanta finally wins something in the NBA. :P

Dunk contest was nice. But the highlight of the night was Sir Charles ragging on a Chubby Voshon Lenard in the 3 point contest.

That was pretty funny! Kudos to Voshon for making the final round after tearing his Achilles' Opening Night.

Also funny was the "Shooting Stars" competition at the very beginning, when the Los Angeles team missed about 807 shots in a row, Charles said "We might want to get a Snickers bar" :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I heard there was only 4 contestants and three of them weren't even on the All-Star Team.

If I owned the league everyone on the All-Star teams would compete in a skills challenge, 3-point contest, and slam dunk contest.

Oh and you get one dunk per turn. You miss, sucks to be you. NEXT!

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Also funny was the "Shooting Stars" competition at the very beginning, when the Los Angeles team missed about 807 shots in a row, Charles said "We might want to get a Snickers bar" :D

I thought that was during Chris Smith's 15th attempt on the long toss dunk.

If Stoudamire had made Nash's rainbow-kick-dunk in one try... Oh, wait. He still woulda lost, but by less.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The kick behind the back thing might have looked cooler...but I think that was easier....hell, I've done that before...well...once.

But the header...off the backboard...with a basketball which is bigger and harder than a soccer ball...and direct it perfectly to him...on two tries....definatly the dunk of the night for me.

The kid from ATL desearved to win though. All his dunks were awesome and he didn't miss.

Archived