Suns retro....

jrodsep

Well, it sure does appear to be out in the middle of nowhere. It certainly seems as though there's absolutely nothing around.

And, IIRC, you get off the freeway a couple miles away from the airport and travel on an access highway to get there. That might fuel the impression.

1.jpg

It's hard to see, but it's obvious both the KJ and Majerle throwbacks were a little off from what Dan actually wore (this card from 1992)

Here I found more...Dan is in the top left...according to these the text AND the number is wrong on the one Majerle wore in the All-Star Challenge.

aa763.jpg

But this is the best style anyway! (even if this photo is of a replica)

100_7465.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well, it sure does appear to be out in the middle of nowhere. It certainly seems as though there's absolutely nothing around.

And, IIRC, you get off the freeway a couple miles away from the airport and travel on an access highway to get there. That might fuel the impression.

Oh, it's certainly out in the middle of nowhere... but it's not that far from civiliazation. Get on Pena Blvd for a few minutes, then you're back on I-70 (one of our main thouroughfares) and into civilization.

It's by no means super-close to the city, but I think a lot of people make a bigger deal about it's location than it deserves. If you look at a map of the Denver area, DIA is no further out of central Denver than an adjacent suburb. (Even though it's technically zoned as city and county of Denver).

And hell, after flying in to LaGuardia and Logan airports, I'll gladly fly into DIA anyday. It took forever to get into town from those airports.

Archived