Jeff Gordon Wins Daytona 500.

sacker12

Holy Moses, what a race!!! Didn't care much for the result though with Gordon winning, but he did earn it, so congrats to him.

I can't complain, either, about a 3rd place finish for my man Junior (that last caution killed him) and I feel bad for my other boy Tony Stewart, he had the best car all day and he finishes 7th. D'oh!

Oh well, it's a long season...

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

the last ten laps were great, didn't see the first 190 because I fell asleep on the couch before the race started but the last 10 laps were great.

You mean the last 6?

I was glad to see NASCAR hold the race at 3 laps, but they need a different rule for laps under caution in the last 20. All those cautions took probably 7-10 laps off of the final 20.

Yeah I want to see Rusty win atleast once.

Stewart lost because trying to hold off Gordon he got caught ina bad possition and was passed by liek 6 or 7 cars.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Why exactly does everyone dislike Jeff Gordon?

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan, I'll catch a race or whatever if there's no sports on, but I like Jeff Gordon, he's my favorite. He seems like a nice enough guy, and he's a great driver. So why does everyone hate him?

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm amazed that this thread has gone this far, and some ignorant meatheat hasn't stuck his nose in, bashing all those who care about racing.

If you planned on bashing, and have read this far: Save it. We don't want to hear it. We like racing. We like to follow it. We like to discuss it. Go reply in a thread where you understand the subject matter or the facination.

Thanks.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'll be the meathead, though not as ignorant as I could be about racing...

How many races are held in Daytona in the weeks leading up to the 500? Every time I flipped a channel there was some race going on there. I didn't even know it was the 500 going on today, I thought it was just another one of the prelims.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

doing 200 laps on GT2's equivalent of Super Speedway and Test Course is nothing impressive. do 200 laps on Laguna seca, which btw is a real race course and far more challenging than any nascar circles, then get back with me.

nascar is severly overrated and for beginners.

the real racing is at the American LeMans Series. ^_^

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I disagree that NASCAR is easy. Just playing videos -- I can't hold the damn car straight because I'm way to worried about bumping into the guy next to me. Therefore, I end up driving through the grass etc, and eventually end up crashing into some guy anyway. ^_^

While all your doing is taking left turns, there's something to be said about doing it at 200 MPH with another car about a foot or two away on 3 different sides.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived