Florida Marlins Concept

AAO

I'm definitely feeling the "F" and the wordmark...not so much with the Marlin. The fin is nice and the colors work but something about the head just doesn't feel right. The unis are great. Why did the marlins drop their teal alternates and Teal hats? Anyways...great work again AAO. I'm deeply looking forward to the rest of the league.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the fish...scale down the dorsal fin, or at least the trailing portion of the dorsal (that looks more like a sailfish dorsal than a marlin), make the upper "lip" thinner and more pointed and give it a bit more of a bulb above the eye and it's PERFECT

jldesigns404eo.png

AAO, as always I generally love the concept.

Here come the nitpicks:

1) I'll confess this: I like the current Marlin better. I'm not sure if this is because of what everyone else has already said. Part of my problem with it is that the eye area looks strange (almost little orphan Annie like). I'm not sure what else bothers me about it.

2) Other than the F for the caps, nothing else in the concept, including the workmark or the road jersey says "Florida". I'd like to see Florida on one of the jerseys (or on an alt. road jersey), as well as somewhere in the main logo. It's like this was designed for a team ready to move to Vegas (or elsewhere) at the drop of a hat. That said, I would mind seeing an alternate "M" on the cap (for Miami, if they ever get that new ballpark) or a "Miami" worded road uniform.

3) One phrase: grey road pants.

The positives:

1) Love the shoulder "arcs". Much better done than the older MLB BP jerseys (was that an inspiration or starting point for these?). I'd love to see a side view of these...

2) Love the modernized font for wordmark and uniform numbers.

3) Like everyone else, I love the emphasis on teal...

Just my two cents worth...

very nice, but with the way the marlin is rendered its as if it is a fish with a birds head

..and a 50s Elvis hairdo. The outline is so thick leading up from the jaw to the dorsal fin it's almost a sideburn. The upper jaw needs to be more elongated and swordlike. Teal jerseys do work well for this team.

Bill813.png

The wordmark is cool, and I like the uniforms, but overall, I think it's just ok. Someone said before that it looks like you made your marlin based on the current logo instead of a picture of a marlin, and I echo that statement. You streamlined your fish to the point it looks like a swordfish more than a marlin.

If you're going to use a unique font for the numbers, I'd like to see it resemble the treatment in the wordmark, otherwise use the standard block/varsity one used by most other teams.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's been a while since i've touched illustrator, so i decided to start back up today. I still have to do the Colorado Rockies (as i skipped them going in alphabetical order), but here's the Florida Marlins:

FloridaMarlinsRedesign.gif

AAO this is by far your best concept. Well done my friend!!! How's about reversing the fish to resemble an F.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I don't know what the others are talking about with the marlin, it looks good to me.

This is pretty much your best concept to date. You combined the professionalism and quality of major league design with the 'kick-ass' unique quality of your style with this one. I could see these as actual uniforms, if an organization wanted to take a chance with style, as I think one if not many should do.

Can't wait until you get to San Diego in the alphabet.

i agree with half the posters, this new marlin is awesome. this new stylized marlin looks a lot less 'shook' aka scared than the current marlin and is reminiscent of the old minor-league miami marlins' logo, where the marlin is holding a bat.

great job, this project of yours is monumental in both scope and execution.

I want to have sex with AAO because his marlin looks sooooooooooo good! he is easily the most talented design in the universe and Nitro, Avenger, Sterling, Shiz, Roz, WhCh, Joel, Payn, PCGD, Gmac, Sy, GMS, and everyone else **whatever** for all I care because AAO is by far my most favoritest designer on the board.

I want to have sex with AAO because his marlin looks sooooooooooo good! he is easily the most talented design in the universe and Nitro, Avenger, Sterling, Shiz, Roz, WhCh, Joel, Payn, PCGD, Gmac, Sy, GMS, and everyone else can ** for all I care because AAO is by far my most favorite designer on the board.

I'm already on my knees! That marlin would have taken the rest of us, 5, maybe even six whole minutes to do! Who has that kind of time?? We might have scrapped that thing because it looked like a Tiny Toon after getting run over by a steam roller, but AAO knew better. He is by far the most talented designer to ever live!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived