Tampa bay lightning concept project

Sterling84

these are all pretty good, its great to see so many different names throwing stuff out there.

kentworth- the very clean designs are done on either psp or illustrator

I dont care aboutthe panthers alt. That lightning concept bt wcholte is great.  I also think seeds logo is fab, i see the talk bubble comment, but im willing to look past it.  

I dont really think the real 3rd (unused, used by sabres maybe?) is a good logo. Its got way too much going on.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. If you use my logo, use one of these versions instead:

tampabay-adjusted.jpg

tampabay-adjusted-rev.jpg

...unless of course you like the first one better. :) The difference is that hawaii blue and being tilted a little.

By the way, great ideas coming out of this so far! Kepp 'em coming! :)

I do, but I'm somewhat hesitant to give out any original .ai files to people. It's nothing personal, just a safety precaution. Please don't take any offense by that, I don't mean any. I can give you a hi-res .tif file or an .eps if you like. Just let me know where to email it to.

its good lookin, but a little too simple

also:

1. anybody have any feedback on my concepts (although they arent really mine but i gave the credits in the earlier post)

2. how do you get all these great colors in GIF on paint?  i find these colors in the custom color thing but then just converts them back to  one of like 100 colors it can only do

signature.gif

updated the crests on the nitroseed logo jerseys to one of the modified ones.

my sleeveless...holding out hope that one day a sleeveless jersey will grace an NHL arena, hehe

nitroseed logo, nitroseed logo colors (dark blue, gray)

nitroseed logo, current lightning colors

i don't think yall heard me the first time...so hear me now as i again say BAM!!!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

TLet's try this agian. Here's another concept, it's much better. The other one could be used as a 3rd or something.

This one is just my seals concept recolored but it looks good with nitroseed's logo. Darker than Hawaii Blue. The font can be changed to match the woodmark as close as possible.

Tampa concept 2, dark c/p

That's stark--I like it. I definitely wouldn't use Phoenix's rounded numbers/letters with it, probably something with definite corners.

Two tweaks I would think of:

- It needs is likely a slightly thinner black stripe on the sleeves, so that the numbers don't get pushed up too high.

- There should probably be a silver stripe at the bottom of black stripe on the torso.

And, I'm wishy-washy on the black on the shoulders. It'd look good with it, but I'm thinking it'd be better without it.

As for Discrim's.... um... er... um....

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sure thing! I'll try and make it transparent so you can put it on whatever b/g you want. PM me your email address and I'll shoot it over in the morning. I'm off to bed for the night.

By the way, would it be possible to make this topic a sticky since it's a pretty hot project? Just a suggestion. :) G'nite guys.

Well, what can I say guys...I am loving what I'm seeing and what is being put out there.

Below is a link to some suggestions of mine for color sets, as promised.  I think going with close to what they have...possibly the use of a darker and/or lighter blue is where everyone seems pointed. At least my notions require a lighter blue but I'll explain why.  Maybe we'll have one concept with as is colors and one with extra.

Anyone have any input on a timeframe for this?  I don't want to cut anyone short, but I don't want to lose momentum either.  Keep in mind, when all the submissions are done, we can pick the best 2 or 3 and have a whole other round where we tear them apart and work only off of those...subtler adjustments.

I'm thinking around July first we say what we have is what we have?  We'll see how it plays out.  Those who can't actually implement those subtler, finishing touches on our logo choices can rain down the feedback and critique and spend all the more time postulating the jersey ideas.

ANyway, The second link below is my first idea for a logo. It barely consititutes a logo really.  Its super sloppy and done real quick cause I have like 5 more I want to get done.  It also is completely uncontained in a defineable shape...one of my problems with this.  

I can't shake the thought that I want to somehow portray the power and energy of lightning itself.  The stylized bolt they use now doesnt do it for me.  It works, as many of you have done, with text and stuff...but looks stagnant and stale alone...the complete opposite of lightning.  I also am determined to make it feel like its hot...glowing electricity WITHOUT using a gradient.  

So when you look at this, don't look at it as finished...just a starting point.  Maybe it'll inspire some of you.  Maybe it'll go on the scrap heap as hard to pull off...thats the whole point of this.

http://www.north18.com/images/colors.gif

http://www.north18.com/images/logo_1.gif

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I had to quick lay out the jerseys I've had in mind...for some time, for these colors.  

Again, REAL sloppy colored but you'll get the point.......template copied and abused from Roger's, props, credit and all that shizzle.

I really really like these jerseys....I think they are original.  I mean, if I stole any teams pattern it's not too my knowledge, its subliminal.  Fairly unique huh...without being hellish or too much to look at>?

LMK whatcha think of the possibilities.

http://www.north18.com/images/jerseys_ning.gif

Sterling, that is some amazing work.  Those jerseys gotta have the shoulder coloring.  As for the colors, on the colors sheet, if #1 were the top and #7 were the bottom, I like #'s1,2,3 and maybe 4.  The other ones are too light.  Mind if I play/cleanup those templates?

Snowcap, I think those wordmarks look better suited for the Bucs.  I think a lightning wordmark would have sharp angles and be italicied.  Cliche, yes, but it looks right.

Yeah man.  Go nuts.  Clean those jerseys up all you want.

Puckcool, I've seen the jagged up edges thing done to all things lightning.  I just wanted to take a different angle and focus more on the proportion of the colors involved...keeping white and the glowing light blue minimal, while not losing black or letting it take over.

If you want to see the jagged you can try or we'll have someone put that together though and see what it looks like. DO you mean all saw blade "lightningy" or just no curves?

I could see that I guess.

Yzerfan:?  Bush League!!??  What the F?  Yeah I know it totally is.  I'm just playin.  It SO is............., it's rotten with the hints of bush.  

Let's not kid ourselves gentlemen...while the other elements of this project line up in our favor...the hardly changed unis in 10+ yrs, the upswing of the franchise etc........with all that...the logo itself is a major annoyance.  We are bound to have to use some kind of lame element like....text in it.......which I wish I didn't, Initials in it, which would be ok I guess, or create an amorphous shape that reminds you of lightning...or use crossing sticks or pucks or something.  It's hard.

ANyway, youz guys are all correct...that's what I meant by my disclaimer.  I certainly dont hold mine up as the answer....its just stuck in my head and I hope it jogs something loose in someone else.

i was thinkin, IMHO the 2nd logo (shoulder logo) they currently use is not that bad of a logo. i mean it doesnt have 2 different fonts around it and it gets the point across. wut if sum1 alters that logo to make it lool even more jagged or lightningess. sumthin like how Erik(puckguy) fooled us on April Fools Day  :P
untitled-1.png

Archived