My NY Mets concept uniform lineup

f-ing palko

This is how I would dress the Mets if I were Fred Wilpon. More pinstripes and less black!

metsconcept2.gif

Notes: The away cap is changed, with a simple orange "NY".

I borrowed the orange piping idea on the white alts from a mets concept by board member xnylived.

Hard to see but the logos on the BP are orange w/ white outline and black dropshadow, they actually had this on their BP hat one year (in 1999 or 2000 i think)

This is my first "concept" since the old board. C+C is fine by me.

Special thanks to Chris, your logosite is an invaluable resource.

yea that is what they should use, except the blue hat on the road.

Agreed. These are solid, but I like to see the black on the cap minimized. I don't like the alt cap either. But otherwise, these are solid. I really like the BP jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

the home jersey should have the orange lines down the middle like the ones on the '86 unis, the greatest mets team ever.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

yeah, i ment more pinstripes as in wear them more. They may be the "home" jersey now but they come in a distant 3rd place behind the all white and black jeresys in terms of times used. As far as width between pinstripes, i think its pretty standard between teams; i got the image off of chris' site and its not an attempt to widen the distance between the stripes.

UPDATED:

Added 80's stripes to home unis. I like this because it hails back to the Mets dynasty years, gives them a unique yet classic look in a currently boring MLB, and also gives some historical context to the orange piping on the sunday alts. I also changed the alt. logo to reflect the newer alt jerseys -- not sure if i like it yet or not.

metsconcept2.gif

I wouldn't call them a dynasty since they only were in the playoffs once in the 80s but I do like those side stripes. I was glad when everyone else got rid of side stripes but I realizes that with the Mets pinstripe uniforms something just seems to be missing with the stripe gone.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I wouldn't call them a dynasty since they only were in the playoffs once in the 80s but I do like those side stripes. I was glad when everyone else got rid of side stripes but I realizes that with the Mets pinstripe uniforms something just seems to be missing with the stripe gone.

well, they were in the playoffs twice, losing to the dodgers, somehow, in 1988, and were perennial contenders from 84 to 90.

i do agree about the shoulder stripes, it definitely seems to work with the mets, well, it does when their colours are limited to orange, blue and white.

Archived