And you thought the Favre Helmet Incident Was Bad!

NewYawkSeahawk

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

I already contacted the Seahawks attorneys and Ebay..

That design that this user is selling as a lighted box, I did 2 years ago for the Seahawks and Sea Hawkers when Matt Hasselbeck won Most Improved Player Award.

I can not believe this guy would actually try and sell this....

Here, you can see the original design from 2 years ago...

http://seahawkers.org/wallpaper.htm

The Seahawks own and retain all rights to this work, so this guy will definitely be contacted.

People sell everything on E-Bay. I've seen people try to sell an "AUTHENTIC DAN MARINO GAME WORN JERSEY!" when it was just a white t-shirt with the #13 screen printed on the front in aqua. They'll sell you the shirt off your own back if they can.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I found one of my Mapleleafs.com wallpaper designs on some jewellery at a flea market last October, I told the Leafs and they said they couldn't care less.

So I bought one and gave it to my girlfriend.

I hope the outcome of yours is better than mine.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yeah... that sucks...

The NFL and Seahawks are very protective of their works...

A few years ago someone tried selling t-shirts that had copyrighted works... and the shut them down with the quickness..

Also... former Seahawks Fan site... Seahawks.net started charging people to access their site, so NFL properties stepped in and forced them to take down any and all registered trademarked logos from their site.

Can you really NOT believe that? What *I* wouldn't believe is if this guy was shut down for good and never sold anything else on eBay. I'd love to know what percentage of stuff sold on eBay is actually legitimate... and eBay really doesn't seem too interested in cleaning it up.

I'm pissed that I missed out on the opportunity to buy THIS. Clearly all Bledsoe Bills merchandise is going to skyrocket in value in the months and years to come.

On a side note, I sold a stadium giveaway Wizards bobblehead on eBay a few weeks ago, and a few days later some clown copied my exact listing, word for word, and my pictures stored on my personal web space. You can be sure I changed the pictures on my server to a flattering stick figure drawing I made in Paint.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

I was looking for a picture of easter grass here at work (don't ask) and some people were actually selling it on ebay! Are you kidding me??? Why would you buy a dollar bag of easter grass on ebay?

I think I'll need insurance on that package...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

I already contacted the Seahawks attorneys and Ebay..

That design that this user is selling as a lighted box, I did 2 years ago for the Seahawks and Sea Hawkers when Matt Hasselbeck won Most Improved Player Award.

Here, you can see the original design from 2 years ago...

http://seahawkers.org/wallpaper.htm

The Seahawks own and retain all rights to this work, so this guy will definitely be contacted.

How long did it take you to come up with that design anyway?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Not very long....

Why?

Why didn't you or the Seahawks copyright it if it's that important to you?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Not very long....

Why?

Clearly someone who doesnt know about coyrighting laws..

It is automatically copyrighted the moment you complete it... People think you have to register it with the government or some BS to copyright something.

There are even plug ins for Photoshop that automatically copyrights a image.

Besides... it was boosted from the Sea Hawkers website, which is clearly copyrighted materials..

Why are you being a pain in the ass?

Not very long....

Why?

Clearly someone who doesnt know about coyrighting laws..

It is automatically copyrighted the moment you complete it... People think you have to register it with the government or some BS to copyright something.

There are even plug ins for Photoshop that automatically copyrights a image.

Besides... it was boosted from the Sea Hawkers website, which is clearly copyrighted materials..

Why are you being a pain in the ass?

It was just a damn question dude, calm down! :wacko: I'm just saying, whether it's actually copyrighted or not most people put it on the image itself.

Retired Number's To Come

Hey bs2282, I like the Jazz signature. utah_jazz_signature_s.jpg Do you have one made for the Miami Heat? Thanks.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Hey bs2282, I like the Jazz signature. utah_jazz_signature_s.jpg Do you have one made for the Miami Heat? Thanks.

Thanks but no, I don't have one for the Miami Heat. I only created that signature because the Jazz have new logos this season. Hence "The New Utah Jazz" title below it. Sorry.

Retired Number's To Come

Sorry BS... It came across to me like you were being a pain in the ass. I will calm down when I feel like calming down...

Nothing irks a professional designer more than seeing someone else try and profit from their designs without proper permissions.

You do not have to put a Copyright Logo on something just because it is copyrighted.

It is like putting a Alarm System Sticker on the front of your house to tell everyone "Hey, this house is alarmed"

Also... there is something that is called intellectual property rights which take place effectively immediately per completed work.

Yeah he modified it by taking out the words "Sea Hawkers 2002 Most Improved Player"... I believe copyright or IP laws stipulate that a design must be reasonable alterered or changed to not be held accountable to IP laws...

However in this case... his edit is minor.

Nothing irks a professional designer more than seeing someone else try and profit from their designs without proper permissions.

or when fake ass designers claim to be real designers and have designs done for them by other real designers.....that irks me.

So you're telling me that a designer can't be a fan of another designers work and style and then use the work they contracted that designer to do? That's pretty open-minded. ^_^

Retired Number's To Come

Archived