Las Vegas Magicians

shiznit1083

The hat looks more like something you'd see a toy soldier wearing. You've got to adjust the rendering of the brim in oder to make it look more like a traditional magician's top hat.

i kinda agree with that. what url are these boards at? its drivin me crazy :D .

Howard1.jpg

Yo, I really like that. Love the wordmark in particular.

I saw someone earlier that someone just didn't like it, and was asked to elaborate. I wanna defend that person by saying that honestly you just sometimes can't put a finger on something. Take the Islanders piece that Prologo put up a while ago. It was a similar situation. I told him I didn't like it, and he got all pissed off. I felt bad, but honestly I could not give him a reason as to why. It's look just did not appeal to me. It was very well done, and it looked professional. It just did not agree with my eye. I could see where someone would feel the same way.

Simple but effective, and I like it. Have you explored adding some depth with shadows, etc?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I saw someone earlier that someone just didn't like it, and was asked to elaborate. I wanna defend that person by saying that honestly you just sometimes can't put a finger on something. Take the Islanders piece that Prologo put up a while ago. It was a similar situation. I told him I didn't like it, and he got all pissed off. I felt bad, but honestly I could not give him a reason as to why. It's look just did not appeal to me. It was very well done, and it looked professional. It just did not agree with my eye. I could see where someone would feel the same way.

That's fine if you can't put your finger on why you like/dislike something, but if you don't know what it is, there's no point in adding your 2¢. If the person posting was taking a vote yes/no, that's fine, but when it's C&C that's wanted, think about the "why" and then post. It's just something to skim over otherwise.

As far as the Magicians concept, sorry but no. JUST kidding. Anyway, I'm just having a problem with the font. I totally see why you are using it- it's a Vegas neon light, it's the font on the magician kit you buy, but maybe it's just an ugly font for baseball. I'll be thinking about this one.

The ball and hat are really cool. If you were to play with it, maybe add stars going from large to small kind of flying off the hat. Think modified Walgreens logo. If it looks too busy, I'd understand if you left it alone and were fine with it.

Archived