NBA's Rockets new alternate uniform will debut....

NYCdog

......in the 2006-07 season.

Source: Rockets VP of Marketing Tim McDougall.

Reason why: Under rules set by NBA Properties, a team cannot debut an alternate uniform set until 2 years after the new uniform has been debuted. The Rockets can debut a new alternate uniform next season but due to a possible labor work stoppage (NBA C.B.A is up after this season) as well as the fact that Houston is hosting the All Star Game next season, the Rockets have choosen to debut a new alternate uniform for the 2006-07 season.

Uniform will say "Houston" on the front. Material will be "Dazzle."

But this will catch most people's attention below.......

The Rockets are still debating on whether or not the uniform's main color should be black or silver....(silver should conjur up images of Mavs shiny silver alternate form 2 years ago as that was silver...in Dazzle material)

Could the Rockets alternates be a possible comeback of those famous and loved Hefty Garbage Bags....

Let the *shiny* concepts begin........

NYCdog.png

i think that they should just get rid of what they have now entirely. the only thing that they should keep from this current uniform is the color scheme. i like the red with the silver. i think a uniform with all silver wont look so hot (i.e. the san antonio silverstars). i also think that there are too many teams with black as their sole uniform color. a trim isnt bad, but not the whole thing.

I would NOT mind seeing a black alternate in the exact style the home and away jerseys are, with red for the striping.

After all, a silver uni with red striping is simply inverting the roads, and a silver jersey with white striping prolly woulnd't look so hot.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

i think they SHOULD mimic an aspect of the mavs alternate uniforms...

however, it shouldn't be the hefty-bag alternates they mimic. mimic the green "Mavs" jerseys in a way.

bring back an old school team color for the alternates. make the thirds red and yellow.

i think they SHOULD mimic an aspect of the mavs alternate uniforms...

however, it shouldn't be the hefty-bag alternates they mimic. mimic the green "Mavs" jerseys in a way.

bring back an old school team color for the alternates. make the thirds red and yellow.

I dont like that the Mavs did that. The alt looks way to much like the throwback. They should of went with a sky blue alt.

I think the silver would actually look pretty slick if they did a lighter silver instead of the garbage bag silver the Mavs used. I did like those Mavs alts more than the ones they have now. But keep the silver light if they do a silver jersey, and it should look fine.

Archived