oriole's new alt cap

Carter23

It's not as bad as I feared.

I'd still rather see a "B" cap. I really don't like using the initial of the nickname on any cap (before you start, the A's get a pass only because they've been doing it for so long).

I even like the simple B cap from MLB's online shop:

pMLB2-1629730reg.jpg

Darn MLB, though. I ordered a couple of the American Needle caps over a month ago and still haven't seen them yet. "Backorder" is my most hated word in the English language these days.

:cursing:

O's on a hat is still dumb. I've never heard the team referred to as the "Baltimore O's". O's might be a nickname, but it's more of a press nickname than anything. It's not like the A's...I know it's the same context, but A's has been an abbreviation since the team's days in Philadephia.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

O's on a hat is still dumb. I've never heard the team referred to as the "Baltimore O's". O's might be a nickname, but it's more of a press nickname than anything. It's not like the A's...I know it's the same context, but A's has been an abbreviation since the team's days in Philadephia.

O's is a local reference used by fans in Baltimore, even used by the local sportscasters. The national press, outside of Baltimore, refers to them as the Birds, as if there weren't two other teams (Cardinals, Blue Jays) that they could pin that on.

Having said that, this "O's" fan would either want the Orioles bird or "B" for Baltimore.

Bill813.png

O's is a local reference used by fans in Baltimore, even used by the local sportscasters. The national press, outside of Baltimore, refers to them as the Birds, as if there weren't two other teams (Cardinals, Blue Jays) that they could pin that on.

Having said that, this "O's" fan would either want the Orioles bird or "B" for Baltimore.

Well, the Orioles are called the O's by the announcers because they have to. Angelos decreed that they could not be referred to as "Baltimore" anywhere in the broadcast by the announcers, or anywhere in the stadium. For example, the dugout has been changed to read "The Orioles," scoreboards list the team as the O's, etc. Angelos took away the references to Baltimore due to the battle with MLB over Washington D.C. I'd love to see a B cap or Baltimore road jersey, but don't expect to see one any time soon, at least while Angelos is in charge.

Archived