Should John Chenney be fired

NJTank

Should John Chenney be fired  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IN case you have not followed the story John Chenney is a Hall of Fame Basketball Coach at Temple University last week he sent in what he called a "goon" to hurt St. Joe's one of those players suffered a broken arm and Chennye was suspended 3 games. What do you think shoudl happen and is this liek Woody Hayes in OHio State shoudl he reisgn or be fired.

story

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Can his ass! :cursing:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Why? It happens all the time in the NHL (remember the Bertuzzi incident). God knows how long it's happened in basketball but kept outta the blue.

I voted no. I think it's despicable, but bad sportsmanship's been around forever.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I think he should go, not just because of this incident, but because I think he's way past his prime as a basketball coach. He's an excellent teacher with a very large mean streak (Bobby Knight Jr.), and even though he's put out very solid .500 or so teams, that's all they are -- .500 or so. We need new blood.

philly.png

I think he should go, not just because of this incident, but because I think he's way past his prime as a basketball coach. He's an excellent teacher with a very large mean streak (Bobby Knight Jr.), and even though he's put out very solid .500 or so teams, that's all they are -- .500 or so. We need new blood.

I'd have to agree 100% with you. This guy's a nutcase, and it's time a college president shows some guts and cans a coach.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Most coaches would have been canned for this. But some get a pass based on their long term histories.

I guess Cheney is one of those guys, and I can live with that. However, I think Temple had the opportunity to use it as an excuse to fire him. His best days are behind him anyway.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the suspension is fine. All he did was say what other coaches do. Other coaches send butchers in all the time, they just don't explode in the press conferece and admit it.

We'd never have any coahes if we fired every guy who sent someone in to ntentionally foul people or play the same way the other team is.All he really did was try to protect his payers from the same tactics that St. Joe was using.

It's funny on this board, that is full of hockey fans, a retaliation foul ordered by a coach is considered a firable offense.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

If it was the first time he's done something like this, I'd be willing to let him off the hook.

But he also said he was going to kill a coach, in the past!

And what was he upset about? Moving screens! That's different than players intentionally trying to rough up guys on the other teams.

And didn't he say something like 'When I see something wrong, I'm gonna make it right!' or something like that? Yeah, sending in a goon which results in a kids arm being broken is the perfect way to right the wrong -- moving screens.

IUe6Hvh.png

I am appaled and embarrased to call myself a Temple fan. Bye-bye Cheney.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

im very surprised on the one sided voting here. Sometimes, John makes me sick, and part of me want a young and rejuvinated coach at Temple. But he is not Bobby Knight, hes a good coach and a GREAT person. His coaching techniques are questionable (I play ball and Im not a guy who can handle the insulting and 6am pacticing that kinda crap), but the things he has done for multiple inner city kids is great. Also, judging from their responses, people who actually even know the guy (even the forementioned John Calipari who Chaney said he would kill) are not calling for him to leave. I think he should have been suspended for the year (not just regular season), but not fired.

Howard1.jpg

I think Calipari was more surprised about the hypocritical punishment so far. I don't remember Chaney getting anything other than maybe a one-game suspension for the time he tried to attack Calipari at that press conference.

I also think Calipari meant that Chaney should have been fired a while ago, his has a history of egregious behavior, but people are only noticing it because it was Saint Josephs, not UMass, that was the target of his indirect actions.

And Chaney did not just tell a player to intentionally foul an opponent...he called for his player to injure that player, to "take him out". Which is why the Temple player won't be reprimanded more than he already has, he was just doing what his coach told him to do.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

no, I agree with you man, what Chaney did was terrible. Its disgraceful to me as a basketball player and as a Philadelphia college hoops fan (you know I basically ride the bandwagon when it comes to college hoops :P ). He is definitley losing his marbles and should think about resigning soon. And maybe I misunderstood Calipari, but his former players and other writers that know him have not called for his firing. I would just give him another shot.

Howard1.jpg

It's funny on this board, that is full of hockey fans, a retaliation foul ordered by a coach is considered a firable offense.

Well, if you're a basketbal guy and you say you're going to kill someone, chances are I would take your word on that......

I saw, I came, I left.

I think he's been a decent enough VP. The Haliburton scandal doesn't seem to be much of an issue any more, so I think we should just leave well enough alone and let him ride out the next 4 years.

I think he's been a decent enough VP. The Haliburton scandal doesn't seem to be much of an issue any more, so I think we should just leave well enough alone and let him ride out the next 4 years.

I guess I should have just put one of these ^_^ just to show I was kidding huh? Besides Haliburton is probably the only company suitable to do the tasks in Iraq which is why it's not much of a scandal. (from what I've read anyways) I just wished Cheney was president (or is he already?...... ^_^)

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived