Arena Football team uses clip art!

newsenterprise

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! :wacko:

Is this the first time anything like this has been spotted?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

wow, if that's true then it is a sad joke, especially in light of arena football's recently successful attempt to go mainstream, higher attendance, the NBC deal.

There are some good logos in the league, I like the LA Avengers, Las Vegas Gladiators, and NY Dragons.

That's not clipart...it's totally modified! You don't see the gradient?

:wacko:

No way it's the same!

It's a concept!!! They thought about adding the wordmark under the clipart, so this is clearly a CONCEPT!

:P

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

and to think i actually told this guy that this logo was one of his better ones.....what a joke.....it is no wonder a certain web designers offers unique logo designs within a package deal....if the designer can't design or draw for that matter, he A) resorts to clip art or B) milks out info from this forum to revamp his crap and or C) gives up and gets someone to redesign it for a keychain and a bag of nuts (in a capitalist system, that the artist problem)

....and this is OK except but please don't call yourself a logo designer...

I have always tried to be positive but i cannot in this case.....

Hmmm ... after I posted this, the link to the Carolina Sharks' logo on the AIFL site "magically changed" -- TWICE. Wonder why? No matter, found a new one to prove my point.

I'm not a logo designer (and have never claimed to be one), but I would assume one of the rules of professional logos is NO CLIP ART.

I knew had seen that same shark somewhere when the local semi-pro football team I cover had used clipart for their first logo (before paynomind's group saved the day).

While I'm no designer by any means and I won't jump on any bandwagons to trash using clip art if its the specific wish of a client, I think that, if I were a designer, I'd run like hell from any client who was insistent on using clip art as part of their identity, even if it meant losing their business. That's not any indictment on anyone's part, just my opinion.

Sadly this is just another example of why I think the AIFL won't last long. The league hasn't yet played a game and, while thanks to eViv it has a professional presence, between this and the Raleigh team playing all road games in 2005 when a suitable (if not more affordable) arena is readily available to them, it already is showing itself to be something less than a completely professional organization.

nav-logo.png

I'm not trashing evividsolutions' web designs or efforts, because as you can easily tell (see the Canton Legends' Web site), he's trying to help the fledgling AIFL. And the Rebels logo was good considering what he had to work with.

But with the chance to start a brand new identity, it seems to me you would stay away from clip art. Clip art is for non-profit groups, semi-pro, high schools, youth teams, amateur teams, etc... not for someone trying to come off as "professional".

"When the client asks you to specifically to use an image for a design you use it." -- I don't get this. If someone hands you the logos for the Boston Celtics, the Oakland Raiders or the New York Yankees, are you going to create something for your client that could very well get you into copyright/trademark trouble with those three teams? What designer in their right mind would do this (except for the one trying to make a quick buck?

Archived