Buffalo Bills uni remake

udonkey

As one of the few Bills fans that actually like the new style of uniform, I wanted to make a couple of changes that could possibly help please the majority.

Among the changes are:

- Completely eliminating the silver/gray ("nickel") from the color scheme

- Going back to a late 70's style helmet, utilizing new color scheme

- Addition of "charging bison" logo to sleeves, for a unique identity (no more "is that a giants/patriots jersey?")

- Adding a 3rd, alternate uniform and helmet combo - exactly as worn during the Jim Kelly era - uniform to be worn AT HOME, annually vs. the Dolphins (or perhaps rotated vs. AFC East opponents)

bills.gif

C&C welcome

i'm definitely a fan of the white helmet.

anybody know if there is a rule against nfl teams using two different colored helmets?

yes, there is. the seahawks tried to do it when they debuted their new unis. as for the unis, they deffently are an improvemnet. i would use a red helmet as the helmet for all three through. i mean two afc east teams already have white helmets (the dolphins and jets) and the other has a light silver helmet (pats). the white helmet for the bills would not be a good idea untill the jets do the right thing and go with a green helmet.

I'd make the side striping on the away set (jersey and pants) match that of the home set (navy, red, navy) (maybe a thin white around the navy on the pants just to make it stand out.)

That way they can mix and match jersey and pants combos.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like the uniforms, but the alternate reminds me of the NY Giants...

You did a good job keeping both blue tones. And the white helmet should be something to see on the field!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Nice set. I agree that you should keep the striping the same on both the home/road. The road striping looks a little muddy now.

The alternate/throwback is a thing of pure beauty. That makes the whole set, IMO.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The alternate is the Super Bowl period uniform.

If it looks too much like the Giants then you can now understand why

the Bills changed their uniforms. You could not tell a Rob Johnson jersey

from a Phil Simms. At least when Kelly was playing you had 12 vs. 11 but

with both Simms and Bledsoe the risk was people not being able to tell the

difference.

i'm definitely a fan of the white helmet.

anybody know if there is a rule against nfl teams using two different colored helmets?

I think the rule is for teams to not wear two helmets as part of the regular game uniform. I think the exception would be for wearing throwback uniforms, like the Redskins did a few years back.

As one of the few Bills fans that actually like the new style of uniform, I wanted to make a couple of changes that could possibly help please the majority.

Among the changes are:

- Addition of "charging bison" logo to sleeves, for a unique identity (no more "is that a giants/patriots jersey?")

- Adding a 3rd, alternate uniform and helmet combo - exactly as worn during the Jim Kelly era - uniform to be worn AT HOME, annually vs. the Dolphins (or perhaps rotated vs. AFC East opponents)

bills.gif

C&C welcome

Oh yeah. You forgot to put the numbers on the sleeve on the throwback alternate. I knew something looked a little different on that jersey from the original jersey. Just wanted to point that out. Thanks.

The alternate is the Super Bowl period uniform.

If it looks too much like the Giants then you can now understand why

the Bills changed their uniforms. You could not tell a Rob Johnson jersey

from a Phil Simms. At least when Kelly was playing you had 12 vs. 11 but

with both Simms and Bledsoe the risk was people not being able to tell the

difference.

I agree. The Giants home jersey was basically just a navy version of the Bills royal blue home jersey.

Among the changes are:

bills.gif

C&C welcome

Oh yeah. You forgot to put the numbers on the sleeve on the throwback alternate. I knew something looked a little different on that jersey from the original jersey. Just wanted to point that out. Thanks.

Actually, for a true throwback to the superbowl years, use the Champion number font. They didn't switch to the standard block style until after the bowl run.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Among the changes are:

bills.gif

C&C welcome

Actually, for a true throwback to the superbowl years, use the Champion number font. They didn't switch to the standard block style until after the bowl run.

In fact, they didn't switch to standard block until they switched to Puma in 1998, or whenever Flutie came.

The only year during the Kelly era the Bills wore standard block number was 1986, Kelly's rookie year. I believe that they used Wilson that year before switching to Champion.

Archived