Iowa Invasion

whchoclte

LOL, that's pretty cool. If I were a nitpicky guy ( ;) ), I'd say the secondary logo doesn't look like Iowa too much. The way the spaceship is set makes it look like Missouri without the boot-heel.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

:shocked:

This is a really good concept! Incorporating the alien in a corn field is really clever. The secondary looks very good too...

I thought aliens would always be associated with a greenish color scheme, but I can say I was wrong!!!

:notworthy:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Love the concept, amazing.

2 comments--1. I think Iowa needs to be wider in the secondary logo.

2. That is wheat, not corn. I am sure there is wheat in

Iowa somewhere, but not as much as corn.

(that said, I wouldn't change it. I love this logo.)

This is sweet...

Love it all, especially the colour scheme.

And to address the secondary logo comment, I would just shrink the state slightly and make it look like the ship is hisgher up in the sky, not hiding any of the boudaries of the map.

Still an excellent logo.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Good job. Way to think outside the box. Nt many teams have an alien theme (except for a minor-league baseball team in Nevada or that one team in "BASEketball").

With that said, a previous poster brought up that was wheat instead of corn. Iowa probably is more famous for corn (see "Field of Dreams"), but that's just being nit-picky and corn might be harder to design.

Anyway, I like it. :D

Oh man, that rocks! I'll give you props for coming up with such a great logo idea! happy65.gif

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Great idea and concept! Very good. I agree with some of the others with the state of Iowa not looking like the state because of where the spaceship is located. Just a slight modification on that and I think it's a winner. Great work, good colors. Excellent.

I like it a lot. It is easily the best extraterrestrial logo I have seen. The only things that do not fit my fancy are the dots on the alien's head and the work on Iowa's silhouette, but do I know what aliens really look like, or Iowa for that matter? Not really. The wheat field idea is unique, and perfect, I might add. Some people may not notice this, but I really enjoy how you accenuated the V in INVASION and made the logo in the same "V" shape for continuity. The font choice/wordmark is nicely done and subject approriate. Color choice is out-of-the-box and great as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I understand why you guys do it but is it really necessary to watermark the logo with your personal logo? It's just very hard somnetimes to get an idea of what the logo looks like w/ another logo on top of it. It really takes away from the overall look of the design. I also think the secondary mark looks too much like the state of Georgia rather than Iowa.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

I understand why you guys do it but is it really necessary to watermark the logo with your personal logo? It's just very hard somnetimes to get an idea of what the logo looks like w/ another logo on top of it. It really takes away from the overall look of the design.

I don't think it's hard to get an idea of what the logo looks like. If it's really that hard for you then my suggestion is just use your imagination! winking08.gif

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I understand why you guys do it but is it really necessary to watermark the logo with your personal logo?

Unfortunately, there have been too many incidents of logo theft, so adding a watermark makes it at least that much more difficult to misappropriate them. Yes, some of the watermarks are obnoxious and not very transparent, but in most cases you can still see through them enough to get the point.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived