The Official NCAA Tournament Big Dance Thread

ROCHitman

Looks like some deserving at-large team just got shafted. Boise State 73, Nevada 72 in the WAC quarterfinals. At least it was on a neutral court.

Actually it occured on Nevada's home court. Doesn't matter though, it looks like Illinois' year.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, what a day....

DePaul, UCLA, Maryland, Miami, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M...all on the bubble going in, all lose yesterday...Outside of DePaul, I can't even make a legit case for any of these teams that lost making it now.

Nevada, Cincy, and Charlotte get ambushed in their opening round games...while Stanford, Washington, and UConn get pushed to the brink in their openers....

Wonder how today will pan out :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Jeez, what a day....

DePaul, UCLA, Maryland, Miami, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M...all on the bubble going in, all lose yesterday...Outside of DePaul, I can't even make a legit case for any of these teams that lost making it now.

Nevada, Cincy, and Charlotte get ambushed in their opening round games...while Stanford, Washington, and UConn get pushed to the brink in their openers....

Wonder how today will pan out :lol:

Stupid Cardinal. :cursing: Anyone on the east coast who didnt stay up past 1 to watch it missed a good ending.

I think Texas blew it chances with its first round loss. What happened in Austin? I know they had injuries and stuff but this team should have been WAY better.

With the tournament bracket less than 30 minutes from being released, I'm reminding everyone to join my bracket pool. I've left the link and the password in my signature.

Oh, and for the record, I'm looking at giving out sig graphics for the top 10 finishers (but no more than 1 per 5 entrants). That means I expect at least 50, if not 100.

LvZYtbZ.png

The Austin bracket where Kentucky plays Eastern Kentucky is going to be a big game localy, because if Cincinnati beats Iowa and Kentucky wins UC would play UK which is also has a big fan base in Cincy. Big rivalry . Way to go selection committee for making it be this way

Signature intentionally left blank

I can't beleive Maryland was snubbed. Not because I dont think they played poorly (three loses to Clemson is ridiculous and embrassing). However when I see how many mid-major teams were picked as at-larges over maryland I'm pretty mad.

I did sign up for the brackets. My picks are a little strange (I picked alot of upsets). But I'm trying to pick all 4 of my brackets this year different.

Wow. Georgia Tech got a 5 seed, and is in a braket with the weakest 1, a 2 we've beaten, and a 3 we've faced.

I have a good feeling!

(Which means we will be the 5 who is slayed by a 12)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Wow. Georgia Tech got a 5 seed, and is in a braket with the weakest 1, a 2 we've beaten, and a 3 we've faced.

I have a good feeling!

(Which means we will be the 5 who is slayed by a 12)

:P

I've already filled out a bracket, I've got GT making it to the Sweet Sixteen before getting shown the door by Washington. And as for my dear old Mississippi St., I've got them getting to the round of 32. Bigger expectations, but same ol result for ol State <_<

Haven't even started filling out my brackets yet...but I'm mulling over a few potential upsets...

QUITE happy with UConn having the #2 seed in the 'Cuse bracket...and playing the first 2 rounds in Worcester to boot...the only team in that pod that legitimately scares me, IMO, is NC State. Not that I'm overlooking Charlotte, but they kinda faded down the stretch.

----------------------------------------

As for the annual "who got snubbed" arguement...

Maryland might have swept the Dookies and beat UNC, but they couldn't buy a win when their postseason was on the line....an at-large bid with a 16-12 record would have been a joke. Personally, the ONLY way the Terps would have gotten in would have been by making it to the finals of the Tourney. Getting dropped in the first round hurt them badly...then seeing NC State drag Wake Forest behind the woodshed killed their chances.

Notre Dame screwed their chances by laying an egg against Rutgers. No excuse laying down like dogs against a team that only won 9 games all season and only 2 in conference. Nice job, Irish..really :)

The only team that got a bid that I thought should NOT have was UCLA...especially after that flameout against Oregon State in the first round of the Pac 10 Tourney.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'm trying to figure out how Duke got a #1 seed over Wake Forest.

Wake Forest beat Duke by 2 games in the regular season ACC standings.

I know it doesn't really matter all that much, but for one team to be rewarded for, by far, the worst foul call of the season and another to be punished for losing a game without their best player seems a little unfair to me.

Anyways, I want my beloved UConn to win it all, but I'm a realist and see them getting beat by UNC in the Elite Eight -- Although no team will have it easy in the Syracuse Regional.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm trying to figure out how Duke got a #1 seed over Wake Forest.

Wake Forest beat Duke by 2 games in the regular season ACC standings.

I know it doesn't really matter all that much, but for one team to be rewarded for, by far, the worst foul call of the season and another to be punished for losing a game without their best player seems a little unfair to me.

Anyways, I want my beloved UConn to win it all, but I'm a realist and see them getting beat by UNC in the Elite Eight -- Although no team will have it easy in the Syracuse Regional.

Duke is Duke. That's the only reason. If they are anywhere near a number 1 seed they'll get it. They deserve it, but they get a little extra cause of who they are. They are in the easiest bracket too.

Other thoughts of mine.

How did Washington get a number 1 seed?

They are in the roughest bracket though. Wake's their 2, Gonzaga at 3, Louisville at 4, GT at 5?? Wow. Tough draw in alberquerque.

Illinois drew a decent bracket. Its not a cake, but its not the worst they could have gotten. Ok. State, Zona, are rough. BC at the 4 is about right. Look out for SIU. If they beat Ok State, I think they've got a shot of making a pretty good dent in Chicago. But unless Illinois starts playing better, not too sure they are gonna get out of teh round of 32. They better start showing up.

Dukes got a cake walk into the final four.

North Carolina's got a pretty decent road ahead of them as well. They'll have to get by Minnesota/Florida and then possibly play UConn, Kansas or Wisconsin (one of my sleepers) to get into St. Louis.

Should be an awesome tourney! I can't wait for it to start!

Archived