The Official NCAA Tournament Big Dance Thread

ROCHitman

pat you comin to indy for the games? i might go saturday if there are still tickets.

If you are buying me a ticket...sure. Otherwise, I'm poor and I'll just wait til the final four when and if they make it that far.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just so y'all know how far we are...

We have 18 entries as of this moment. The goal is 50 - so if you haven't signed up, please do so! The more people we get in this thing, the better.

Ok, I'm in. The first bracket I filled out today didn't have enough upsets, probably -- so this one, I put tons of upsets -- unfortunately, my chances of winning suck because I still picked with my heart, rather than my head. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

pat you comin to indy for the games? i might go saturday if there are still tickets.

If you are buying me a ticket...sure. Otherwise, I'm poor and I'll just wait til the final four when and if they make it that far.

damn 90 bucks for all sessions isnt bad (for indy thats the price). if i wasnt working thursday i might have just bought me a ticket.

alirght thanks. im in now

My sleeper pick.....UWM. I think they could pull it off against bama, and I see BC beating Penn. BC hasnt been too good lately. My bracket has UWM in the sweet 16. Another is NC State goign to the elite 8. Theyre underrated. They could definately beat Charlotte, and I have them pulling it off against UConn and Kansas.

But what do I know?

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I'm in as well...

I have my picks already set..just have to put em in on the bracket online...

The more I look at it, I think the Albuquerque bracket is gonna be the wild and wacky one...Washington's had a great year, but I can see them going out in the Sweet 16..that is they don't get ambushed by the Pitt/Pacific winner. Wake's a solid team and I'm looking forward to a possible matchup between the Deacs and the Zags in the 16, but Wake had better be on their toes if they have to face West Virginia in the 2nd...they play like Princeton under Pete Carill, but with a heck of a lot more talent...However, I think Louisville's coming out of this bracket...dunno why, but the Cards have impressed me greatly all season long and I think they're one of the most underrated teams in the tourney (#4 in the nation, yet only a 4 seed? um, OK :) )

As for my guys (UConn)...I think they make it to the Elite 8 (dropping UCF, NC State, and Wisconsin :o along the way), only to get drilled by UNC. It's kinda like 2002 all over again (looking at the bracket that year, I saw they were in the Syracuse regional with a potential showdown with UMD...I figured they'd get to the regional final and get drilled by the Terps...which came to pass (also came to pass that I had SIU making the Sweet 16 that year, losing to UConn at the Carrier Dome..) )...

Still, as far as I'm concerned, it's Illinois's and UNC's world and the other 63 teams are just in the way :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

As for my guys (UConn)...I think they make it to the Elite 8 (dropping UCF, NC State, and Wisconsin :o  along the way), only to get drilled by UNC.  It's kinda like 2002 all over again (looking at the bracket that year, I saw they were in the Syracuse regional with a potential showdown with UMD...I figured they'd get to the regional final and get drilled by the Terps...which came to pass (also came to pass that I had SIU making the Sweet 16 that year, losing to UConn at the Carrier Dome..) )...

Maybe UConn won't get drilled by UNC. I'm a UConn fan, but I'm realistic, too, and I do also see them losing to UNC.

But we played them tough at home this year -- and since then Marcus Williams and Charlie Villanueva have been amongst the most improved players in the Nation. So I think the game could be close, as it would be in Syracuse, close enough for the UConn faithful to show up in large numbers.

IUe6Hvh.png

But we played them tough at home this year -- and since then Marcus Williams and Charlie Villanueva have been amongst the most improved players in the Nation. So I think the game could be close, as it would be in Syracuse, close enough for the UConn faithful to show up in large numbers.

Charlie Villanueva....he orally committed to Illinois. Had Self not left, they'd have him right now, plus what they have now. Could you imagine that? Brown, Williams, Head, Villanueva, Augustine. Wow.

But we played them tough at home this year -- and since then Marcus Williams and Charlie Villanueva have been amongst the most improved players in the Nation.  So I think the game could be close, as it would be in Syracuse, close enough for the UConn faithful to show up in large numbers.

Charlie Villanueva....he orally committed to Illinois. Had Self not left, they'd have him right now, plus what they have now. Could you imagine that? Brown, Williams, Head, Villanueva, Augustine. Wow.

Yeah -- he'd be a great player if he didn't make the occassional dumb play. Like when he attempted a behind the back pass directly to a Syracuse player when UConn would've had a 2 on 1 in a situation where they were struggling to score, and needed points any way they could get 'em.

I was down on him at the beginning of the season, but he's started to show more intensity -- although get rid of the occassional lapses in good judgement, and I'd like him even more.

Illinois would be amazing with somebody like him downlow. Certainly as talented as UConn was last year with Anderson, Boone, Okafor, Villanueva, and Gordon.

Thank god Self went to Kansas. :P:D

IUe6Hvh.png

Maybe UConn won't get drilled by UNC. I'm a UConn fan, but I'm realistic, too, and I do also see them losing to UNC.

As do I...The Huskies are playing well (especially Marcus and Charlie), but I think NC's got a bit of an edge...Playing em tight at Madison Square Mall (aka the Civic Center) is one thing, but on a neutral floor..remains to be seen. Also, if it's the UNC team that won the reg. season ACC crown, I don't like our chances...but if it's the UNC team that struggled with Clemson and got slapped by Georgia Tech at the MCI Center, then the door is open....

As for the way the bracket ended up...not gonna complain one bit, seeing I fully expect the Centrum & the Carrier Dome to get taken over by the Husky Nation :grin: ...if things go well, the only time they have to get on a plane would be to go to St. Louis....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Maybe UConn won't get drilled by UNC.  I'm a UConn fan, but I'm realistic, too, and I do also see them losing to UNC.

But we played them tough at home this year -- and since then Marcus Williams and Charlie Villanueva have been amongst the most improved players in the Nation.  So I think the game could be close, as it would be in Syracuse, close enough for the UConn faithful to show up in large numbers.

As do I...The Huskies are playing well (especially Marcus and Charlie), but I think NC's got a bit of an edge...Playing em tight at Madison Square Mall (aka the Civic Center) is one thing, but on a neutral floor..remains to be seen. Also, if it's the UNC team that won the reg. season ACC crown, I don't like our chances...but if it's the UNC team that struggled with Clemson and got slapped by Georgia Tech at the MCI Center, then the door is open....

As for the way the bracket ended up...not gonna complain one bit, seeing I fully expect the Centrum & the Carrier Dome to get taken over by the Husky Nation :grin: ...if things go well, the only time they have to get on a plane would be to go to St. Louis....

I think the ACC Tournament saw the unmotivated, 'we have nothing to gain or lose through this tourney' UNC. I doubt any teams will see that UNC during the tournament. I get the feeling UConn can play 'em tough in the Elite Eight -- but I don't want anyone to think I'm taking Kansas or Wisconsin or anyone else lightly with all this UConn/UNC talk. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Anyone else having trouble with the Texas, Nevada pick? At first I though Texas, but now Im not sure, and leaning toward Nevada.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Anyone else having trouble with the Texas, Nevada pick? At first I though Texas, but now Im not sure, and leaning toward Nevada.

Yea it's kinda tough for me too. Im doing 4 brackets this year, and im splitting Texas/Nevada 2-2. Texas has the talent, but the loss of PJ Tucker leaves them very young and lacking that true upperclassman leader (certainly not Buckman or Klotz).

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

I figured I'd send this on over to you guys, just to get those of you who are wavering (and those who just have not sent their picks in yet.) Here's what Sportsline sent me this evening.

The first day of the College Basketball Tournament is the busiest day of the year at CBS SportsLine.com. It all starts early Thursday morning when everyone logs in to finalize their bracket picks. The last few hours before the bracket submission deadline is the only time of year that demand exceeds our capacity. There will be people who will not be able to submit their bracket picks in time to qualify.

Do yourself and the members of your group a favor - warn them that they need to get their picks in early.

Alright, now that I've warned you all, time to post the join info one last time.

First things first, the website is at http://willmorris.mayhem.sportsline.com/e.

If you're not a Sportsline member, it's going to ask you to join. It's a painless thing, totally free and you can get rid of most of the junk emails they send (which are very few indeed).

It'll also ask for the league password. The league password is "ccslc".

Once you're in, make your picks, and hurry! I don't want to see anyone shut out, so if you are in the group and can't seem to get your picks in, PM your picks to me, round by round, and I'll make sure your picks get in.

Right now, we have 24 entries. I'm going to create the consensus entry just after the deadline hits on Thursday. This entry, which will not be eligible for prizes, will side with the majority on every game.

Good luck to everyone, and get in quickly!

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived