Brewers Website Hosts Logo Discussion

rmackman

I made a post before with my idea of how to freshen up the Brewers outfits. I got a lot of people liking it and some who didn't (can't please everyone). For those of you who haven't seen it let me know and I'll re-post my version.

You were the home-pinstripes/road-Milwaukee script, right? The road was okay the pinstripes not so okay.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 3 weeks later...
Say no to the return of "The Logo." -- Tim T., Lancaster, Wis.

Simple, yet effective :D

I couldn't agree more. There's only one thing keeping the current uniforms from being perfect, and that's the absence of the "Milwaukee" script on the road grays...

you mean like this? :D

brewersR.gif

Why can't the Brewers use the bat/ball MB as a secondary logo and as a sleeve patch?  Kinda like the Pads do with the equally outdated Swinging Friar.

because the swinging friar the padres currently use is not the same one that they used from 1969 to 1984

compare:

SD_2251.gif

SD_1285.gif

in fact, one can say that the current friar, while definitly inspired by the original logo, is basically its own logo rather then a modernization of the older logo.

the friar was modernized along the way...slightly, but it was nonetheless. the glove wasn't. shoot, it had its time but it's way past time to move on...then again the crap they put out there for the last 15 years didn't help much.

and I happened to LIKE the green.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Besides the road uniforms not having MILWAUKEE on the front, my biggest beef is the players' names on the back. Not their presence per se, but to the camera lens, they are highly unintelligible. As small and narrow as the letters are, you almost can't tell on the road jerseys that they're there in the first place. They'd be much better off having the letters in the same font but in a single-color bold style.

Besides the road uniforms not having MILWAUKEE on the front, my biggest beef is the players' names on the back. Not their presence per se, but to the camera lens, they are highly unintelligible. As small and narrow as the letters are, you almost can't tell on the road jerseys that they're there in the first place. They'd be much better off having the letters in the same font but in a single-color bold style.

Hey - with the teams that the Brewers have fielded over the last 15 years, it's to their benefit for you NOT to be able to read their names :D

It's where I sit.

I may be the only person who feels this way, but:

(1) I think the ball-in-glove logo cannot be made sufficiently 21st-century to warrant its reuse, except as a shoulder patch.

(2) The same applies to the Big Swinging Brewer (Joey Meyer? Rob Deer?).

(3) Unless you've been playing as long as the Yankees and Cubs, you don't have the right to wear pinstripes.

(4) I don't like the current uniforms. There is too much navy blue in baseball, and the gold doesn't come through well. The Wisconsin patch is the only good thing about them, but without the semi-sissy M.

(5) While the addition of green wasn't a bad idea in the previous uniforms, the Germanic font was unintelligible. Look at anything that uses Germanic fonts (Old English, London, Berlin, etc.), and you'll find that there are no completely capitalized words. It should have read "Brewers" and not "BREWERS." The numbers were a disaster as well.

(6) The early '70s uniforms looked like what they actually were -- hastily redesigned Seattle Pilots uniforms (minus the scrambled eggs).

So there -- I like neither the current look nor any previous look. Blow them up and start over.

Packers-2.png

Archived