Kurt Warner With The Cardinals?

stlramsfan

right now all that has happened was the Cardinals took him to dinner last night, he had a physical and he left that's basically what happened. I don't really want him only because we'll receive Brenda in the package :puke:

Here is what will happen:

An as-yet-unnamed team will pick up Warner, and pay him a healthy 3-year contract. He will start in front of a talented youngster who lacks experience. Warner will proceed to throw the ball around to the receivers like a dealer tossing out playing cards. He will increase the team's overall offensive output, but not wins, because he will also thow many picks, and take dumb sacks. The fans and coaches will tire of the sub 500 team, and give Warner a clipboard while the youngster plays adequately. Mrs. Warner will go to the media and proclaim her husband the best, and herself demand a trade immediately. The owners and GM will see that the youngster is able, if not excellent, and will release Warner.

Repeat.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I would not be surprised to see Warner end up in Detroit.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Warner to the Cardinals is what I've been hoping would happen (well...right behind Warner to the Rams).

He'll tear it up with their offense. And he'll make the Cardinals a contender in a lackluster division (although the Rams have quickly filled holes in their defense and our starting to look like a Super Bowl contender again).

The whole Brenda Warner contreversy is crap. The first time she probably shouldn't have called the radio station, but all she was doing was sticking up for her husband. The second time, the media set it up. They put her on the radio and asked her a question hoping for contreversy.

Fact is any city would be incredibly lucky to have the Warners on AND OFF the field.

I agree with STL. Warner got way too much bad press in this area when he played. He led the Giants to a 5-2 record in the first 8 weeks with an offense of Tiki Barber, Tiki Barber and Tiki Barber. He really did a nice job. Then, the defensive line started getting injured, and the Giants had NO ONE to protect Warner from the pass rush. The sacks built up, and his confidence got shattered. If I had the choice, I would have had Warner started every game last season and had Eli Manning get in a quarter each game. Once the secondary went down, the Giants wouldn't have won with ANY quarterback, not even Peyton Manning(cause Shockey and Toomer wouldn't have caught any of his passes). Thumbs up to the team that signs him.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The sacks were just as much Warners inability to get rid of the ball as they were the offensive line being bad. Suddenly, the O-Line becomes abled and can block for Eli?

Look at Warners stats -- what did he do to "lead" the Giants to a 5-2 record? Tiki Barber was the best RB in the NFL for that span and if he had been in his old fumbling ways -- the Giants would've been 2-5 in that time, at best. What Kurt Warner was able to do was go in and not make mistakes. 6 TD passes over 9 games started is NOT good. The biggest reason for Kurt Warners 5-2 record -- he played all of 3 playoff teams in that time, one of which was playing awful football and couldn't win at home.

Kurt Warner is among the most overrated players in NFL history. I could've won an MVP with that offense he had in St. Louis.

IUe6Hvh.png

ITE, you are absolutely, completely right.

Warner is the most over-rated player in the history of the game.

Some people, dreaming and reminicing of a superbowl time, think Warner had somehting to do with it.

I just hope he is saving his money, or he is a better Grocery bagger than a QB.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

ITE, you are absolutely, completely right.

Warner is the most over-rated player in the history of the game.

Some people, dreaming and reminicing of a superbowl time, think Warner had somehting to do with it.

I just hope he is saving his money, or he is a better Grocery bagger than a QB.

FWIW, a good bagger is worth his weight in gold to a supermarket chain.

Safeway (at least in Canada) puts you through an extensive 2-day bagging course when they hire you, since there IS a science to it.

That is all.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I always find it strange how guys who win the Super Bowl are considered lucky to have been on the team that one(Warner, Brady). Yet guys who can't win the Super Bowl(McNabb) or get there(Manning, Vick), somehow their teams are lucky to have them.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Kurt Warner is among the most overrated players in NFL history. I could've won an MVP with that offense he had in St. Louis.

Yet people look at Peyton Manning like he's some kind of demigod? With Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Edge, et al. Maybe not exactly the calibre of Bruce, Holt, and Faulk, but you don't hear Peyton getting criticized at all.

Please. Kurt played in 2 Super Bowls in the first 4 years of his career. Peyton's got a little catching up to do it would seem.

Teams that Kurt plays on win. Whether that's directly attributable to him is debatable, but it's a theory definitely worth testing for a sad-sack team like the Arizona Cardinals.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

interesting. there's talk of him considering the Bears, though he'd be a backup in Chicago (we lucked out: the one UF QB so far who looks like he'll amount to something in the NFL). Arizona might be a good fit, and if I were him i'd keep eyes on GB and Tennessee-Favre's still mulling retirement over, as is McNair. For some reason I think Warner will end up in Miami now that they kicked my boy Fiedler to the curb.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The difference between Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner is that if you took Peyton Manning off of the Colts, everyone's production on the Colts offense decrease. Harrison, Wayne, and Stokley aren't worth 65+ catches each. Their two TE's production would decrease, and the offense would not be nearly as good.

Kurt Warner left the Rams -- Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce are still worth 90 catches each -- and this is without Marshall Faulk being the best player in the NFL, or without any real running game, to be honest.

Kurt Warner went to two Super Bowls because he had defense! I believe the Rams defense was top 5 in the league the year they lost to the Patriots. The Colts, meanwhile -- consistently have the worst defense in the league.

And the thing about teams Kurt plays on winning -- he wouldn't be out of St. Louis if the Rams had won with him during his final year or two.

Marc Bulger, too, would be league MVP candidate if he was on that Rams team that Warner had.

IUe6Hvh.png

Marc Bulger, too, would be league MVP candidate if he was on that Rams team that Warner had.

When did Holt, Bruce, and Faulk leave?

Stokely having 60+ receptions this year was like Brady Anderson hiting 50 homers. Maybe Manning owes Stokley a little credit for his year.

semperfi.gif

When did Holt, Bruce, and Faulk leave?

Not what I meant.

Faulk isn't nearly the player he used to be -- and Isaac Bruce was better then than now. In addition, and correct me if I'm wrong, the O-Line was better than it is now, and the supporting WR's seemed to fit the offense better.

IUe6Hvh.png

Maybe the WR's fit the ofeense better because the QB got them the ball and made it look like they fit. You can't always credit the perihperal players for doing so well and begrudge the man who got them the ball any credit.

semperfi.gif

I've never liked Kurt Warner nor been terribly impressed with his ability.

But I'm not looking to dog pile on SyPhi and other Warner fans.

ANy quarterbacks success can at least in part be tied to his teammates. Steve Young anyone?

So I'm racking my brain here trying to think of something nice to say about Warner and this is what I came up with.

He could've been Troy Aikman.... Both had strong accurate arms and an absolute arsenal of offensive weapons at their disposal. Both had fast, opportunistic defenses on their teams. Both won at least one title.

Both eventually proved somewhat fragile (comparatively of course. They are both tougher than me) and while Aiks just retired, Kurt sought other employment.

Perhaps had STL defeated NE and even won another one......we would look at Kurt the same way as Troy....who knew he was nothing but an arm and had the sense to get out while the getting was good.

I hope he goes to the Bears to stall the development of Grossman , who worries me. yeah!! Stifle Stifle!!

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Maybe the WR's fit the ofeense better because the QB got them the ball and made it look like they fit. You can't always credit the perihperal players for doing so well and begrudge the man who got them the ball any credit.

Because of the speed he had at WR, and the system -- he had atleast one WR open on practically every play, and if he didn't, his last resort was getting the ball to Marshall Faulk who was considered to be the best player in the NFL and averaged 10 Yards per catch. And on top of that -- he had all day in the pocket to decide which of his wide-open WR's he wanted to get the ball too.

If you can't throw the ball to an open man -- you're not in the NFL. Every Quarterback in the NFL can hit the open man -- so I don't give credit to Kurt Warner for doing so. The talent around him had him in a situation where he couldn't fail, basically.

The man threw 36 TD's one year, and 41 in another with that talent around him --

In 11 games in 2000, he threw 21 TD's.

In 9 last year -- He threw 6, and he did have some talent to throw the ball too.

You want to tell me he wasn't a product of the system?

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm not defending what he did last year. Three years, hand injuries and concussions can make a big difference in a career.

But the 3 solid years in St.Louis deserve a little more credit than "They won in spite of him, not because of him."

semperfi.gif

Archived