Boston U Hockey gets 3rd Sweatah

lucky

I like them, a nod to the past and in keeping with the current look. Better than a giant cartoon terrier head.

By the way, Gordie rules and I want you to all know that! He's made more than one vector file for me on the request board over time and I appreciate his kindness.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Eh. They're almost unnecessary, since they're so generally similar to their currents. (Yes, I know, different striping pattern, but I think you can figure out what I mean.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

By the way, Gordie rules and I want you to all know that! He's made more than one vector file for me on the request board over time and I appreciate his kindness.

That's a topic that deserves a thread all to itself. :D Thanks, Jeff.

Mockba, the reason I like them is because they are a similar look, but one that's distinctly theirs. Though they've used the Detroit pattern for so long that it's traditional now, I think major hockey programs like BU and Wisconsin ought to have their own unique style. Same goes for St. Cloud State.

I like 'em. At least they didn't go crazy with stripes and crap. And even though I like the dreaded mooterus jersey, I'd go with something an old school third over most other third sweaters

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

Mockba, the reason I like them is because they are a similar look, but one that's distinctly theirs. Though they've used the Detroit pattern for so long that it's traditional now, I think major hockey programs like BU and Wisconsin ought to have their own unique style. Same goes for St. Cloud State.

I can dig what you're saying. It just seems pointless to have an alternate jersey so similar to one of your home/away jerseys. If they were changing their jerseys to this, that'd be one thing, but as an alt? Meh.

St. Cloud actually has some new jerseys this year, I believe.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm a BU alum ('03), and live blocks from the arena still..

I don't think I like them. When I first saw "3rd sweater" I envisioned something with the Terrier logo (you can see it to the left, below), which I would have loved, and possibly something with black, which I didn't really like the thought of but would have been okay with.

But this.. looks pretty much the same as we have now. Why bother with an alt when it's hardly any change at all?

abheader.jpg

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Boardname, it would be cool to see the terrier on a sweater, but wouldn't the addition of black to BU's uniform make them too similar to Northeastern's?

I've only seen BU's hockey uniforms. Do any of their other teams use black?

Boardname, it would be cool to see the terrier on a sweater, but wouldn't the addition of black to BU's uniform make them too similar to Northeastern's?

I've only seen BU's hockey uniforms. Do any of their other teams use black?

Well, just about every collegiate team in the Boston area uses red, it seems - including 100% of the Beanpot, so similarity with NU shouldn't be a problem.

But no, I don't believe any use black, though I can't say I've seen any besides hockey and basketball. I'm almost positive that when we had a football team, it DID have black though.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Northeastern wears all black for football.

BU would never have to worry about being confused for Northeastern, no matter how much black they added. They could add black for outline purposes, it's used in every other sport at BU.

The only schools in Hockey East with a black jersey are UMass (alternate), Northeastern (sometimes) and Providence.

Here is the list of the non-white jerseys:

UNH: Navy Blue, Silver alt

Maine: Navy Blue, Navy/Light Blue alt

UMass-Lowell: Red

Merrimack: Navy Blue

Providence: Black

UMass: Maroon, Black alt

BU: Red

BC: Maroon

Northeastern: Red or Black, alternating

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i like the thirds for obvious reasons :P

they should make em the main set...and to the guy who said UW needs to ditch the Red Wings style, finally-somebody who agrees with me! it irks me that my fav college icers look so much like my Avs' most hated rivals...heck, I'll take anything.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Maine's 3rd is very gaudy...it's just a weird design

UMass' black alt is actually quite plain

UNH's silver alt is not good at all...it's hard to read the names and numbers

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived