Ripping Off the Vikings

WJMorris3

Who ripped off the Vikings more?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just to submit the trades...

October 13, 1989 - RB Herschel Walker from the Dallas Cowboys to the Minnesota Vikings. Dallas also traded its third-round choice in 1990, its tenth-round choice in 1990, and its third-round choice in 1991 to Minnesota. Minnesota traded LB Jesse Solomon, LB David Howard, CB Isaac Holt, and DE Alex Stewart along with its first-, second-, and sixth-round choices in 1990, its first-and second-round choices in 1991, its first-, second-, and third-round choices in 1992 to Dallas. Minnesota traded RB Darrin Nelson to Dallas, which traded Nelson to the San Diego Chargers for the Chargers' fifth-round choice in 1990, which Dallas then sent to Minnesota.

March 2, 2005 - WR Randy Moss from the Minnesota Vikings to the Oakland Raiders. Oakland traded LB Napoleon Harris along with its first- and seventh-round choices in 2005 to Minnesota.

LvZYtbZ.png

I don't believe the Vikings got ripped off at all, in the Randy Moss deal. If they are able to draft somebody like Mike Williams (you know, somebody who plays every down and isn't a cancer in the lockerroom), they're better off, especially with a talented LB with lots of potential. You want to see ripped off?... look at what the 49ers got for Owens.

Let's put it this way... his GOOD FRIEND Dante Culpepper said it was time for him to go.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not even close. The Walker deals is considered one of the most lopsided deals in the history sports. Right up there with Lindros.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

As a Viking fan, the thing that really upsets me is all the cap room I think they are going leave on the table.

But the Walker trade was much worse. Here they gave up one player and got a #7 pick and a player.

They gave away soooo much in the Walker trade.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like this new deal more, it didn't involve the Cowboys ;) heck, they may as well figure out their first pick on time this year ;):D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As a Viking fan, the thing that really upsets me is all the cap room I think they are going leave on the table.

But the Walker trade was much worse. Here they gave up one player and got a #7 pick and a player.

Not to mention they suffered so much since. Dallas won 3 Super Bowls, and the Vikings? Well, they went 15-1 in 1998, only to lose to Atlanta in OT in the NFC Titile game, then they lost another NFC Title game 2 years later, they choked 2 years ago in their quest for a playoff berth,...shall I go on?

this isnt even close to the Walker deal, but yeah they should have gotten a little more. If the #7 pick pans out and Napoleon Harris, and they actually SPEND the $36 million in FA, then Moss will be forgotten, as much as it hurt to see him go at first.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

If they use that pick on Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards...in a couple years they will be saying "Randy Who".They got rid of a distracting head case,picked up on of the best young MLBs in football,and got 2 draft picks.As much as it pains me to say there a better team for makin this trade

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

But the Walker trade was much worse.  Here they gave up one player and got a #7 pick and a player.

Not to mention they suffered so much since. Dallas won 3 Super Bowls, and the Vikings? Well, they went 15-1 in 1998, only to lose to Atlanta in OT in the NFC Titile game, then they lost another NFC Title game 2 years later, they choked 2 years ago in their quest for a playoff berth,...shall I go on?

^_^

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

The Raiders got Moss for a song they should of had to throw at lest another number 1 in there

At this point, the Vikes were just looking to unload him on anyone who would give them anything. Nobody wanted to deal with Moss except for the Raiders, so they paid according to supply and demand.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived