Boston Celtics Concept

GameCock82

I don't like it.

You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger and you don't mess with the Celtics uniforms. (A gazillion retired numbers, sixteen NBA titles, etc.)

Even though I am a certified Celt hater from back in the day, the uniforms are as sacred as St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City...and I'm a Lutheran!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

If you don't like this uniform, gimme a "Hell NO!!!"

I don't like it.

That is the best C&C that has ever been offered on these boards. Thank you James Craven for being such a model citizen and showing us how to correctly give critiques to a design.

i like your concept. i would change "celtics" on the road uni's to "boston." i am a fan of the road team sporting the city name on the jersey as well as the team nickname for the home jerseys. i would also take out the celtics logo and put in a shammrock instead on the front of the shorts, OR, take of the logo of the leprichaun and put a shammrock smack dab in the middle of the side of the shorts. just an opinion, but i like it. the C's need new uni's bad.

in theory, i like the idea behind these uniforms... in real life, i'd be upset to see them on the court.

to make these better overall, i'd change black to dark dark green (like the dallas stars, or phili eagles)... then i'd go with a less generic font, perhaps...

but most of all, i think you should drop the leprechaun from the upper back of the jerseys, and replace it with a contrasting shamrock.

The celtics are one of the NBA's untouchables, so this was a brave concept to try.

I have to say I don't like to see the balck on there. I think you would get away with the concept far more with just white or green trim.

I would leave one of the Leprachauns on there(perhaps the one on the shorts) and replace the other with a chamrock.

But Red Auerbach would be riolling in his grave if he were dead looking at these. Leave the Celtics alone, minor touch ups, maybe an alternate, but no redesigning please!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I like the use of black in moderation, and I think these are OK. I would like the inclusion of orange.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

These are okay, but I would have liked them more if you added more tradition such as keeping the font for the letters they have now. The double stripe patternb wouldnt be bad either.

ALSO:

Lose the black

Add the clover on the back instead of the leprechaun

...At the least

im of the opinion that NO team is untouchable. in fact they could use another logo. its nearly 30 years outdated.

as for the concept at hand,

i like the overall template and wouldn't mind seeing the celts wearing them.

something i'd add is some black and gold trim around the green and the lettering and numbers. maybe darken the green abit.

overall very nice design.

sidenote: i don't care about the sanctity of a logo or jersey design with respect to tradition; if its outdated, change it.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

im of the opinion that NO team is untouchable. in fact they could use another logo. its nearly 30 years outdated.

as for the concept at hand,

i like the overall template and wouldn't mind seeing the celts wearing them.

something i'd add is some black and gold trim around the green and the lettering and numbers. maybe darken the green abit.

overall very nice design.

sidenote: i don't care about the sanctity of a logo or jersey design with respect to tradition; if its outdated, change it.

I never said the logo was untouchable. But personally I think by and large the uniforms are. Modernisation, by changing the style of the trim or whatever would be fine, and Gameocks changes bring them more towards that.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

thank you all for your comments, well when i was making these the idea for the striping popped in my mind. But the side view of the shorts did not turn out the way i intended. i think i should have made it straighter instead of having the dramatic curve to it. New Concepts coming soon.

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

Archived