March Madness Sig For All!

robbman21

what do you mean by host?

It's a figurative thing.Not actually "host" as in use your personal website to host parts of the voting or anything,I mean "host" as in fantasy sports terms.The sub-regional will be held in the region where the hosting member lives and that member will be responsible for giving me the name of the arena(real or fictional)

where the "games" are held as well as capacity.The sub-regional will also be given a form of naming rights in honor of the member who stepped up and offered to host it.Members who are participating in the actual tourny itself are not eligible to be hosts,so this is a way to get the non-designers of the community involved.I wanted this to be big and to try to include more members of the CCSLC than has ever been reprented in any previous contest and hopefully establish something for us all to look forward to each year,similar to W.I.B's Logolympiad.

98Falcons.png

coolio

how many arenas?

Well,if you know anything about how the NCAA tournament and their scheduling works,my goal is to do it the same way.Since there will be 33 first round games and 4 teams per site,then I'll need 16 hosts just for the 1st and 2nd round.Then they move onto the Sweet 16 which is 4 new hosts,and then the Final Four,which the board itself will be the host for that at the CCSLCenter in Toronto,SO I need 20 hosts for all of the Big Dance's games.I have 3 filled so far on a first come/first serve basis.If you have concepts entered into the Tourny then you are not eligible to host one of the sub-regionals.

98Falcons.png

Upon thinking about it further,I've decided that I WILL let members who have a contest entered be a host for a regional,I just wont have them playing at their own "site".For instance joshuamings is the host of one of the Midwest Regional sites but his concept is entered in the West Regional.I had to do this because most of the members who participate the most on this site are already entered in the Big Dance and those who are'nt have already committed to hosting.

98Falcons.png

I have a question, you say there are 65 entries, but there are only 24 designers listed in the sig and if they all enter two, there will be 48, so where do the rest come from?

sorry Robb for coming up with such a scientific-mathimatical reply

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I have a question, you say there are 65 entries, but there are only 24 designers listed in the sig and if they all enter two, there will be 48, so where do the rest come from?

sorry Robb for coming up with such a scientific-mathimatical reply

Aussie if you would read a few posts back in this thread the whole thing is explained.

98Falcons.png

I actually thought about an NIT version because I had more entries than I anticipated.I'm still getting PM's for entries but now the field of 65 is locked and seedings are being assigned as this is being typed.

98Falcons.png

Here is the other version of the sig with the remaning participants not featured on Sig#1.The field of 65 is now complete,the seedings are complete,and the bracket is being finalized now,although I dont want to release it until I have hosts (AHEM!!)

for all of the Regionals and Sub-Regionals.I only have 6 members who have PM'd to host and I need 20 total.I'll also explain the seeding process once the bracket is posted,and since the Tournament will actually be going on at a different site,I'm working on that website trying to get everything up and running.Enjoy the new sig...the anticipation is building!!

Sig2.gif

98Falcons.png

I like the fact that you used the Broncos font for mine.

Glad you were able to notice that,Nick.I did that intentionally but I did'nt think you would be able to make it out behind the other text.

98Falcons.png

Archived