Hasek Retiring If No Hockey Next Season

Suigi

All the owners deserve blame for is letting it get to this point. For making the mess.

At this point, they're trying to clean up the mess they made, and the players won't let them.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hasek wasn't going to be around for long anyways. Picking him up was only a short term fix.

The real problem for Ottawa will be if Ray Emery, Prusek, or another goaltending prospect doesn't develop into a reliable starting goalie in the next couple of years.

The worst case scenario is that the Sens might have to shell out for a proven goalie.

. . . or bring back Tugger

Couldn't agree with Gordie more. Tugger rules!

Seriously, though, we have seen several impressive flashes of brilliance on Prusek's part, and Ray Emery looks to be a promising brawler -er- goalie one day.

As for Hasek, I was excited when he arrived, but deep down knew this was too good to be true.

A true Sens fan always has been behind their goalie. (except come playoff time)

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Hey hes 40 already add 2 years away from the game what would be able to comeback as any way. It only makes sense the longer this goes the more legends could retire and that would only hurt the sport more.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from Hasek to begin with. I figured he'd probably be injured and miss a good chunk of the season anyways.

All things considered, I'd rather have Lalime back with something to prove.

why not bring back Damian Rhodes. :D

thankfully Lehtonen is better at this stage of his career than Rhodes was at the peak of his.needless to say, i don't miss him in 'lanta.

i hear dallas fans would gladly give tug-my-nut back to ottawa.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Well since the Blues have Lalime, they obviously won't (although who knows anymore) resign Osgood. So, he's on the market. I liked him, but I'm excited to see Lalime (and hockey at some point).

The Blues are pretty deep at goaltending in the minors. Hopefully it becomes a strength of the club.

Remember Emery and Prusek(I think he's down) will have 2 extra years in the minors to improve.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Hey, ottawa has kelly guard.

thats THE kelly guard.

okay, but still... they must've realised what they were getting into when they traded a mid 20s goalie who is one of the top 10 in the league for a 40 year old who hasnt really been on his game for the last couple years...

or maybe they didnt.

rocketis6.png

Archived