Miami Hurricanes basketball concept

vicfurth

I remember watching a UNC/Miami game last week thinking "Dude, Miami looks bad" (not just their play) ;). Anyhoo, I created a uni concept for them...

Key:

Home-White

Road-Green

Alternate-Orange

miamihurricanesbball.jpg

C/C is encouraged.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think the green text on the orange jersey looks either retro, or bad. I'd change the font on the orange to somehting very old school, and make that a throwback, or i'd give it a little bit of a white outline to separate.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Not bad. Clean and modern. I agree with paynomind, use white lettering on the orange jersey, or at least put a thicker white outline around the text and numbers. And for consistency, put on outline around the text and numbers on the home jersey as well.

And there wouldn't be an 18 in NCAA basketball...no digits above 5 ;)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hmm confused06.gif These really aren't too bad.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

And there wouldn't be an 18 in NCAA basketball...no digits above 5 ;)

If we're going to get picky, numbers have to be centered on the front and back for NCAA basketball. Aside from that, I really like this concept. Very simple, which Miami needs to recognize is classier. I don't really have a problem with your original orange jersey... it reminds me of the current Syracuse orange jersey, which has blue text with no white outline.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

FTR, the number "18" is not allowed in NCAA play. Change it to anything between 10 and 15.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I know. I was refering to "Change it to anything between 10 & 15"...

Thanx, but no, actually. I don't have the software for vector work. Just good ole PS4. I did forget to mention that I borrowed the numbers/'Canes wordmark from an old Miami football concept (Tempest, here're your props; Sorry in advance for lateness). The Miami script is from SL.net...

At least the swooshes are mine. :D

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

If anything above 15 is illegal, then how were Shane Battier (31) and Emeka Okafor (50) able to wear their number in college?. :therock:

No digit may be more than 5. The numbers may be 0-5 for each digit, so that referees can signal by hand foul information to the scorer's table. So 31 & 50 are acceptable, but 17 & 48, for example, are not.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like these...

Both sets, IMO, are pretty tight. I like elements from both sets...if it were up to me, I would have kept the white and green jerseys as they were from the first set that was put up, and then use the orange alt from the 2nd.

Other than the nitpicky issues that some others brought up, it's some really good stuff...:D

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived