Lions to unveil 3rd jersey

Joshawaggie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I like the mock-up with blue numbers on the jersey a whole lot more than the white, which makes the Lions into an almost dead-ringer for the Panthers. Here's my notion:

Silver helmet.

Black jersey with blue numbers.

Blue pants.

Grey sock stripe.

Discuss and/or create.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And then, as if by virtue of a crappy MS Paint job and a paint bucket set at Tolerance 20...

lionsalternate.gif

http://www.geocities.com/mikepries/ihl/lionsalternate.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I actually like it. It looks really sharp.

The only problem is.. THE F'ING PANTHERS HAVE THE EXACT SAME IDENTICAL JERSEYS GOD DAMN IT :cursing::cursing:

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. :D

Turnabout is fair play; after all, the Panthers rolled out a light blue alternate a couple of years ago that made them look a lot like the Lions.

Yeah, but the blue pants/gray socks combo has already been used...BY BOBBY ROSS! They were FUGLY as H-E-TWIN HOCKEY STICKS.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Are there no NFL franchises whose histories and traditions are sacrosanct?

Black alternate jerseys for EVERYONE next season!!!  :rolleyes:  :puke:

Well, not everyone, but here's 2 for 2006 :D

black.gif

Y in your avatar does it say Patten on the #26 jersey?

And why do you want an avatar about the downgrades your team has had in FA?

It's a signature, not an avatar, and Why generally starts with Wh...

I didn't edit my Portis jersey properly, managed not to save the 86 layer, hold on...

Well, I'm not convinced the WR's are a downgrade in Gibbs' system, and I like punishing myself.

It's a signature, not an avatar, and Why generally starts with Wh...

I didn't edit my Portis jersey properly, managed not to save the 86 layer, hold on...

Well, I'm not convinced the WR's are a downgrade in Gibbs' system, and I like punishing myself.

Well right now the WRs arent a downgrade, but once Gardner gets cut they are.

black.gif

Ahh! My eyes! It burns!!!

Fortunately, as a Packer shareholder I can assure you that we won't be stooping that low. We'll save it for teams that can't give their merchandise away. Like Detroit. :P

Scary thing is that Washington has already added black to their merchandising scheme.

black.gif

Ahh! My eyes! It burns!!!

Fortunately, as a Packer shareholder I can assure you that we won't be stooping that low. We'll save it for teams that can't give their merchandise away. Like Detroit. :P

Scary thing is that Washington has already added black to their merchandising scheme.

Detroit will be a playoff contender this yr. They wont have trouble selling their jerseys.

What a money-grubbing, alternate-merchandise peddling whore the NFL has become. Are there no NFL franchises whose histories and traditions are sacrosanct?

Black alternate jerseys for EVERYONE next season!!! :rolleyes::puke:

Browns in Black NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I've always wished that the Lions would've added Midnight Blue instead of black. Lamers.

I agree. I've been saying that for years as well.

What's wrong with THIS instead?:

DetroitLions_Proposed3rd_02.gif

Archived