League logo update

pollux

I wrote a subject about the first logo that I had done for the LHIMM league in Montreal. The owner finally settled for a somewhat ordinary logo, and I am not ashamed to admit it ^_^

Official league website

However, the ideas have been floating around in my head for a while now and with more skills than last time, this is what I came up with. I have three logo styles, but I can only hope you guys will be able to help me choose between the three of them.

I have to say that my work was somewhat inspired by the British Hockey league logo from Gordie, so there might be some resemblance in the form of the shield for the second one... ^_^

lhimmshield1.gif

lhimmshield2.gif

lhimmstar.gif

C&C would be greatly appreciated!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

all pretty nice

First one is the best imo tho.Very nice

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I like #1, but I'd change the curve in the shild so that the L and M are closer to the sides, like in #2.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Number one is hands down the best.

My reccomendations:

Eliminate the little gap between the arm and the body. I know that would really be there, but it wouldn't HAVE to be there (jersey could overlap), and at a small size, it'd appear to be just a dot if it were visible at all.

Have and show us a version of this without the wordmark. Could be a secondary, but I think it might prove to be cleaner and maybe nicer looking.

Great job.

lhimmshield2.gif

Hey! Nice work!

I designed a logo for a league here in atlanta a while back, and it looks like we used a similar player photo to trace for our logos!

masha_FINAL.gif

I like it.. I think the three-sided shield is your best shape, it distracts the least from the important elements of your logo.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Nice work, Pollux.

I agree with STL Fanatic that you should eliminate the space between the body and arm.

The middle shield shape that you like is based on Arsenal's, so no credit is due to me. :D

Thanks for the comments so far guys!

I like #1, but I'd change the curve in the shild so that the L and M are closer to the sides, like in #2.

I like that idea. I wasn't too sure about the overall form of the shield, and I wanted to have a less pronunced curve. I'm going to try and have a cleaner outer line to have the L and M closer to the sides.

Eliminate the little gap between the arm and the body. I know that would really be there, but it wouldn't HAVE to be there (jersey could overlap), and at a small size, it'd appear to be just a dot if it were visible at all.

Have and show us a version of this without the wordmark. Could be a secondary, but I think it might prove to be cleaner and maybe nicer looking.

Thanks for the advice. I worked on a big image so the underarm gap made sense to me and I didn't even think that it would look like a dot when I resized the image. And once the corrections are made, I'll post a copy without the wordmark.

paynomind Your logo is quite nice! Bauer font... I used it for my first version, but I wanted to use something else... Hattenschweiler! I agree with you, the three sided shield is clean and simple (and my favorite). After showing it to the boss, he liked #1 too, so I'm going to try a mix of both.

The middle shield shape that you like is based on Arsenal's, so no credit is due to me.

Well then... Thanks Arsenal! But I actually based mine after seeing yours, so that's why I wanted to give you some credit!

Back to Illustrator... I'll post the updates once I have finished them.

Thanks again for your comments!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

UPDATED!!!

Here's another version of the logo... With a mix of both shield.

lhimmshield3.gif

C&C appreciated!

I'm not a fan of maple leaf usage, so put my vote down in opposition of that.

I like your most recent version. that shield is distinctive, yet clean. I like.

Something about the font is a little awkward to me. It is hard to read, I think because of the similar shapes of the letters. Have you tried other fonts in there? Seems like something else could increase the legibility.

Nice work so far!

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I like these. Did you consider a maple leaf in the background instead of a shield? That might work since it's in Montreal?

If anything should work in Montreal, it would be the Fleur de Lys, and not the Maple Leaf. Especially in hockey, where it is a direct reference with Toronto...

I like the idea though, but I'm not a big fan myself of the maple leaf.

I like your most recent version. that shield is distinctive, yet clean. I like.

Something about the font is a little awkward to me. It is hard to read, I think because of the similar shapes of the letters. Have you tried other fonts in there? Seems like something else could increase the legibility.

Nice work so far!

Thanks for the input. About the font, is it the vertical shape of the letter that bothers you? I have to agree though, the more I look at it, the more I find it hard to read.

I'm going to look into this to find something that suits better the logo. Any suggestions of clean fonts?

That shield looks like a winner. Like Payno said, it's distinctive.

I'd forget about the leaf, it'll only draw comparisons to Hockey Canada's logo.

I agree with both of you, the shield is distinctive!

Thanks again for the input... Another version coming up shortly, if I don't have anything to do at work, so it shouldn't be too long :P

I think the bottom and top of the HIMM all meeting up exactly that bothers me. Maybe find something with a slight curve to the verticals, or maybe mange up some City with some needless serifs.

I'm kidding about the city and serifs.. i'm not sure what to do.. it just looks really blocky in the HIMM part.

ΓΔΒ!

How about this?

lhimmarched.gif

Archived