Alternate Chisox cap logo idea

ltravisjr

Hello all,

I just thought I would post a little logo concept I stumbled upon. Somewhat by accident, I came up with this alternate cap logo for the White Sox. It's just a small and simple design but given the earlier discussion about negative space, I thought it would be worthwhile to post it. It isn't anything overwhelming but I just really liked how the shapes came together. Hope you enjoy it but if you feel the need to post a barfing smiley I guess I can live with that too...

SoxC.jpg

LT

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This I like. Yes, it's a plain ol' Old English C at first glance, but then you see the white sock in there and you're like, "whoa".

Subtle, but IMO effective. Nice work! B)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Have you thought about using the silver on a black backround?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I don't know, I see the sock more than the C! Its hard to tell what the black lettering is supposed to be. Its got potential though.

:puke:... (Just Kidding!)

Yeah I agree with lucky on this one. I like it! Keep up the good work. :D

stlouisrams.jpg

that's pretty clever. i give it the thumbs up.

the concept of it is great. you could do a little more with execution if you keep tweaking it. but it's great.

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions, all. I like the idea of a black background as well. I am experimenting with different combinations for the silver, white, and black. However, I may be wrong, but it seems to make sense that the "sock" part should remain white. If that the case, it kind of restricts the possiblitities a bit. I will mess around with it a bit and see what I can do

Thanks again,

LT

I think I'd remove all of the thing black stripes. That makes it TOO obvious.

Leave the silver outline as is though.

When on a black cap, I think you might have trouble keeping this subtle also. You can't change the C to white, because then you've got a black sock. And if there's a big chunk of white on black, then you've got an obvious sock (maybe).

I really like this idea though.

I think I would maybe make the sock a little sleeker, if that's possible. It stands out just a shade too much.

That being said, this logo is frickin' hot dude! My suggestion is just that. Even as it is, I would definitely buy this hat. Great, great idea!

I really appreciate the suggestions on making the sock more subtle. I played with it and came up with some other ideas for it. I think your suggestions are right on track. They may not be perfect yet, but I am liking these changes, and the overall design still mesmerizes me. I admit the black cap background yields a black sock but on a cap you will really only recognize the "C" anyway. The white background could still be an alternate jersey logo, don't you think?

LT

SoxC2.jpg

Sir, you just hit the nail right upon the head.

You have GOT to make this into a jersey concept. If I can do anything to help, please let me know. I appreciate you taking my suggestion into consideration. In my opinion, this is now pro level work!

:notworthy:

I love it, but the only problem is that the Comedy Central rival Detroit Tigers have an Old English letter on their caps too. And you can't change them. Other than that, I love it for being a C for Chicago like back in like 1989ish. And the sock, also brilliant.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I am happy you all seem to approve of this concept. Just for kicks I will try a couple versions using vic and cole's suggestions, even though I am surprisingly pleased with what I have now. Yes, I suppose it is my "duty" to create a uniform concept from this. I am nearly overdosed on Sox concepts since I just designed a uni for them in the hometown haulover, but I guess it wouldn't be right to let a promising idea just sit idle! Stay tuned...

LT

Archived