Alternate Chisox cap logo idea

ltravisjr

How does a fairly normal Ole English "C" look in this font?

I'm just not automatically seeing a "C". I see a crescent moon cradling some sort of lowercase r.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does a fairly normal Ole English "C" look in this font?

I'm just not automatically seeing a "C".  I see a crescent moon cradling some sort of lowercase r.

I will admit the letter "C" is stylized. I had a calligraphy class once when I was a tyke so I drew this basically from memory and completely from scratch. Anyway, for comparison, here is what the letter "C" looks like from my OldEnglish true type font:

oldC.jpg

If you look closely you can kind of see where I got the idea of a sock shape.

LT

I will admit the letter "C" is stylized. I had a calligraphy class once when I was a tyke so I drew this basically from memory and completely from scratch. Anyway, for comparison, here is what the letter "C" looks like from my OldEnglish true type font:

Indeed! Now it makes sense.

Even that "C" (to me at least) isn't immediately recognizeable as such. Thats the problem I think. And that has nothing to do with you. However, now that you've given rise to the concept, I'd encourage you to take it further and make it read clearly as a "C".

My thoughts would be to help complete the bottom of the C (crescent moon) to the top serif portion. After that, don't worry so much about that vertical line element, you may be able to pull this off without it. Maybe not......try each.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Indeed! Now it makes sense.

Even that "C" (to me at least) isn't immediately recognizeable as such. Thats the problem I think. And that has nothing to do with you. However, now that you've given rise to the concept, I'd encourage you to take it further and make it read clearly as a "C".

My thoughts would be to help complete the bottom of the C (crescent moon) to the top serif portion. After that, don't worry so much about that vertical line element, you may be able to pull this off without it. Maybe not......try each.

I appreciate the comments and advice, Sterling. I value your opinions highly so they mean a lot to me. I will make a point to experiment a bit more using your suggestions, but for now... I guess I better get back to my "real job" :-(

LT

I like the logo but here's a radical concept...instead of having an image of a white sock on the uniform, WHY DON'T THEY JUST WEAR WHITE SOCKS?!

They have...from 1969-1970:

al_1969_chicago.gif

Heck, I think everybody on the Sox wears their pants all the way down to their ankles anyway.

I really like this idea. Kind of keeps a traditional feel to it which I love. I also think that it's neat how the sox fits in there.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 1 month later...

Well, since some new Sox concepts have emerged, it seemed appropriate to resurrect my "C-sock" cap logo. I did the best I could with it from all the suggestions but it just seems I can't quite get that perfect color combination without overworking the design. Anyway, the two best alternatives I could derive are below:

SoxC.jpg

Take them for what they are worth and thanks for all the suggestions!

LT

Well, since some new Sox concepts have emerged, it seemed appropriate to resurrect my "C-sock" cap logo. I did the best I could with it from all the suggestions but it just seems I can't quite get that perfect color combination without overworking the design. Anyway, the two best alternatives I could derive are below:

SoxC.jpg

The one on the right (silver C) is PERFECT.

When the subject was re-introduced, I tried to modify your original C-sock concept. But I work in ghetto MS Paint and didn't get very far recolorizing it. But that was what I was going for. I'd buy that hat tomorrow if I could find one.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

the one with the silver "C" is perfect. what i love about this concept is that it could replace the current and crappy "SOX" logo, and nothing else would have to change. just use the silver "C" when on the hats, bp, and alt. jersey, and the black "C" on the pinstripe jerseys. good job all around. much better then the "SOX" logo.

i don't like the black sock....

Yea, I can't imagine the White Sox would ever want to be reminded of "the Black Sox" either considering they haven't won a World Series since the Black Sox scandal in 1919!

I really like your concept. I'm giving it my Highest Praise Possible - "I'd buy one!"

The Silver "C" with the white sox is genius. I still wouldn't give up on the black "C" with the white sock if you could work in some silver though. Perhaps a silver outline in the same location as the black outline on the silver "C" version. If you got that version up to 3 colors, they would be double genius! :notworthy:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Perhaps a silver outline in the same location as the black outline on the silver "C" version. If you got that version up to 3 colors, they would be double genius!

I actually did also create that the same time I made these last two versions. I just didn't include it because I was worried the extra outline might be too much detail for a small hat logo. I do like the looks of it the best though, as a primary (jersey) logo. I will have to see if I can dig that up tonight...

L.T> thats it !!!!! glad I mentioned it in that other thread ... I'm originally from chicago and these unis they wear now are some of my favs since I have been folllowing them in the early 80s, But this idea you came across rocks!! Not only in a hat logo but would still like to see it in the form of a alt jersey concept or a sleeve logo.... maybe combining that with one of the unis in the other thread where we revived your idea would be a possiblity?? either way great work !!! I think you nailed it with the silver !!!

very impressed!!!

L.T> thats it !!!!! glad I mentioned it in that other thread ... I'm originally from chicago and these unis they wear now are some of my favs since I have been folllowing them in the early 80s, But this idea you came across rocks!! Not only in a hat logo but would still like to see it in the form of a alt jersey concept or a sleeve logo.... maybe combining that with one of the unis in the other thread where we revived your idea would be a possiblity?? either way great work !!! I think you nailed it with the silver !!!

very impressed!!!

Glad you like it, Zoogs. I know Chisox fans get very wary when it comes to the idea of tinkering with their uniform designs, so it is good to hear you like this. I will expand on this concept as time goes on. I has been fun to work on, and it seems folks are more interested in exploring the Sox look now that they are are having success on the field!

LT

SoxC.jpg

Take them for what they are worth and thanks for all the suggestions!

LT

I like it, but I'm not quite sure I understand it. I see a crescent C.. I see the sock.. and I see some sort of lowercase 'r'.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Archived