Alternate Chisox cap logo idea

ltravisjr

I like it, but I'm not quite sure I understand it. I see a crescent C.. I see the sock.. and I see some sort of lowercase 'r'.

The "lowercase 'r'" you allude to is a common design in Gothic/Germanic/Olde English calligraphy. That "C" is drawn more or less along the lines of orthodox calligraphers who prefer traditional. I do calligraphy and use this style sometimes.

In fact, it's one thin vertical line away from being identical to the one used in the masthead of the Chicago Tribune. Check the link if you're unsure...

Chicago Tribune

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it, but I'm not quite sure I understand it. I see a crescent C.. I see the sock.. and I see some sort of lowercase 'r'.

The "lowercase 'r'" you allude to is a common design in Gothic/Germanic/Olde English calligraphy. That "C" is drawn more or less along the lines of orthodox calligraphers who prefer traditional. I do calligraphy and use this style sometimes.

In fact, it's one thin vertical line away from being identical to the one used in the masthead of the Chicago Tribune. Check the link if you're unsure...

Chicago Tribune

I see now. The link you provided helps. Now I understand the 'negative space' sock. Very cool!

newlogo2.gif

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Archived