UAB Basketball Concept

bhambruiser

Interesting use of horns...

Throw in a bit of black and they could almost be Dallas Star crossover concepts...

I like them...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I see that you have the unis modeled after the Adidas "Fang" uniforms (the style that Tennessee wears). I like it.

P.S.: I know the model name because one day when I was bored, I looked through the Adidas basketball catalog (I, too, work at an Adidas school) and just looked at what they had in there. So don't look at me like I'm a freak, alright? :P

I see that you have the unis modeled after the Adidas "Fang" uniforms (the style that Tennessee wears). I like it.

P.S.: I know the model name because one day when I was bored, I looked through the Adidas basketball catalog (I, too, work at an Adidas school) and just looked at what they had in there. So don't look at me like I'm a freak, alright? :P

:blink: ...just kidding...i am a detail freak too...people look at me like i am weird when I spout out information like that too....makes us better artists though right?......right?

Those are tight. The one thing I would like to see is the striping on the shorts extended to the tops as well, just to tie the two together. But that's it. Great stuff.

P.S.: I know the model name because one day when I was bored, I looked through the Adidas basketball catalog (I, too, work at an Adidas school) and just looked at what they had in there. So don't look at me like I'm a freak, alright?  :P

:blink: ...just kidding...i am a detail freak too...people look at me like i am weird when I spout out information like that too....makes us better artists though right?......right?

Man, let's hope so. There better be a good reason we care about this stuff, or else we better hurry up and see our doctors to get our heads examined. :P

P.S.: I know the model name because one day when I was bored, I looked through the Adidas basketball catalog (I, too, work at an Adidas school) and just looked at what they had in there. So don't look at me like I'm a freak, alright?  :P

Interesting. I saw the UAB concept (which I like, the blacks intrigue me the most, since they carry out the striping style to two colors), and thought of Texas' uniforms. They're Nike, as opposed to adidas.

ivey_200_12.jpgboddicker_brian_200_20.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I thought it would be cool if UAB had the "UAB" wordmark with the red streaks in the letters on their jerseys. Possibly have the "Blazers" version of that style wordmark for the home unis and the "UAB" wordmark on the away unis.

I thought they were Eastbay designs. But I'd put Blazers on the gold uni since they do not refer to themselves as Alabama-Brmingham

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The only problem I see is the "Birmingham" on the Away uni. The school administration has made it a point that they want to be called UAB like UCLA is UCLA and not Cal-Los Angeles. I know it chaps the a$$e$ of the Bham sports talk show hosts if you call in and say Alabama-Birmingham instead of UAB.Try it sometime.It'spretty funny to hear. Otherwise,I loved the unis.

2qluyo7.png

The only problem I see is the "Birmingham" on the Away uni. The school administration has made it a point that they want to be called UAB like UCLA is UCLA and not Cal-Los Angeles. I know it chaps the a$$e$ of the Bham sports talk show hosts if you call in and say Alabama-Birmingham instead of UAB.Try it sometime.It'spretty funny to hear. Otherwise,I loved the unis.

yes i know this ( i live in Birmingham) trust me i hear it all the time...the alt gold "birmingham" unis are actually throwbacks to what they used to wear in the late 70's / early 80's...i think they look sharp and even though they dont want to be known as Alabama-Birmingham they still wear these from time to time..

even some of their marketing has shown some of the players in the gold "birmingham" jerseys.

thanks for the comments.

EDIT: here are the gold bham jerseys they currently use

bball-billboard1.jpg

I like the jersey itself but I'm not too crazy about the horns on the shorts.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Interesting. I saw the UAB concept (which I like, the blacks intrigue me the most, since they carry out the striping style to two colors), and thought of Texas' uniforms. They're Nike, as opposed to adidas.

Grrrr! I hate seeing those shorts all over basketball because Texas was the first to use them, and they worked best with the Horns! Seeing everyone else with them, im just like, uhh....

But if the shorts were a different style i'd really like where your design is going

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Grrrr! I hate seeing those shorts all over basketball because Texas was the first to use them, and they worked best with the Horns! Seeing everyone else with them, im just like, uhh....

But if the shorts were a different style i'd really like where your design is going

actually the reason i chose that design is because it looked sort of like a flame...and since the blazers mascot is a dragon...fire-breathing etc...that is why i used those

Archived