Pats tweak silver jersey for '05

DGivens87

This was posted on Patriots.com today:

In a slight step in the right direction, New England?s alternate silver jersey will get a slight change in 2005 that should make it look better and less like a dirty white jersey. While I have heard some talk of the team going to a red alternate jersey, one using the current logo and design but in red rather than silver, that process takes more than two seasons to get league approval and isn?t going to happen any time soon. Hopefully the updated silver jersey will look a little better in 2005 and if fans don?t like it, at least it only shows up once a season.

How come a red jersey takes two years to get approval, but the silver alt can be modified immediately? I never heard any news of the silver alt until they were released last year, so it seems they were able to introduce the "dirty white" one before a red one.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

How come a red jersey takes two years to get approval, but the silver alt can be modified immediately? I never heard any news of the silver alt until they were released last year, so it seems they were able to introduce the "dirty white" one before a red one.

according to the website...the silver alternate actually took 5 years in the making before they released it in 2003. personally i like the silvers as they are now but if they're eventually going to make a change to red that should've been in the works just as long as the silver due to the traditionalism of it. Great, now we've gotta wait another whole season before seeing the unveiling of them

Still don't like it. It...ah, forget it! I don't wanna get suspended again.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I would speculate the process of getting a new jersey approved takes a season or two, whereas small adjustments in fabric and dimensions really don't need to run the full gammut of league approvals. I'm guessing that they're just going to experiment with fabrics to give a true silver look that shows up better on TV.

This was posted on Patriots.com today:

In a slight step in the right direction, New England?s alternate silver jersey will get a slight change in 2005 that should make it look better and less like a dirty white jersey. While I have heard some talk of the team going to a red alternate jersey, one using the current logo and design but in red rather than silver, that process takes more than two seasons to get league approval and isn?t going to happen any time soon. Hopefully the updated silver jersey will look a little better in 2005 and if fans don?t like it, at least it only shows up once a season.

We've been over this before, but what's strange is that the new Silver they're going to use - and we're only talking the textile-fabric colors - is actually a bit lighter than before.

What I'm thinking is that they may go with a completely different textile color for the 3rd jersey...I'll let you know (I gots me some connections)...

The Red Coats wore red, this is why they switched to blue in the first place when they changed the logo from Pat Patriot to Flying Elvis. I hope they don't add a red jersey.

So it took the team 30+ years to figure out that American Patriots didn't wear red?????

The doctored pics that have been posted featuring red jerseys are great. I wish they would go to a red jersey as an alternate instead of the silver.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Believe it or not, it wasn't until the last couple of years of the war that the US Army standardized blue as the "jersey" color...prior to that it was a hodgepodge of what was available.

However, some US units wore brown, white, and even red uniforms, and the US Marines wore green. And not all Limey units wore the redcoat, even though it was the most common.

I think a red third jersey makes perfect sense for the Pats.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The Red Coats wore red, this is why they switched to blue in the first place when they changed the logo from Pat Patriot to Flying Elvis.  I hope they don't add a red jersey.

So it took the team 30+ years to figure out that American Patriots didn't wear red?????

The doctored pics that have been posted featuring red jerseys are great. I wish they would go to a red jersey as an alternate instead of the silver.

I agree, these did look great.

CDillRedAltsm.jpg

Archived