2005 CCSLC March Madness

robbman21

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn!!!!! That's a good field!

I'm honored (and scared) to start off against Avenger.

May the best design win this March Madness!!!! ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

And now for the rules and the bracket breakdown:

These 64 concepts represent a very wide selection of what has been presented here on the boards over the past 6 months.Only concepts done on September 1st until March 1st were eligible,and only two concepts per member were allowed.There were both "Automatic" and "At large" bids.The automatic bids were locked in based on concepts entered for contests and could not be altered or tweaked prior to the final bracket nor did their coach have a say-so in what was used.The at-large concepts are all random concepts posted on the boards over the last six months.A member could have presented two concepts for consideration and even picked what he thought were his/her two best...HOWEVER these concepts were not locked-in and remained "on the bubble" right up until this bracket was finalized a couple of days ago.There were several concepts that did not make it and several members that were bumped in the final hour.

SEEDINGS Seedings are all based on the strength of the concept as well as the feedback/C&C it recieved upon it's posting on the boards.All of the #1 seeds were the strongest contest winners from the past 6 months based on their winning percentage in their respective contests.Most of the #2-#4 seeds are also contest winners.From there it trickles down to contest runner-ups,3rd,4th and on down.The lowest contest placing to make the Tournament was a 6th place.There were also two 5th place finshers who made it.The highest "At-Large" seed belongs to PCGD,who is seeded 3rd in the Southeast Regional.The lowest seeded "non-tiered" contest entrant is LMUpepbander,seeded 14th in the Northeast Regional.The

seeding process was very tough and please understand I did the best I could do with it based on the system I created.I pray there are no hard feelings from anyone on the boards based on their seedings and please remember this is just a contest and just is just for fun....so enjoy it!

VOTING On Friday a link will be posted to the official CCSLC March Madness website,which will contain break-down of all brackets and match-ups as well as a poll for each individual match-up.Once the link is posted the concepts will be revealed at that time on the Tourny's site.On most occasions the match-ups are "crossed",meaning that often it is concepts of two different styles(I.E. hockey VS baseball).On ALL occasions please vote for the BEST OVERALL CONCEPT,and please do not vote for yourself.You can vote more than once per match-up,however the system will only allow 1 vote per 24 hours.Each rounds voting will run for a few days before the polls and links are taken down and reposted for the 2nd round and so-on.

REGIONS Most of the #1 seeds are placed in the region closest to their location,and all regional sites are hosted by board members who fall within that

region.

WINNER The ultimate winner will be crowned the CCSLC Champion and will get a nice March Madness Champion signature.All winners up to the Sweet 16 will recieve an accomplishment sig,1 for the Sweet 16,1 for making the Elite Eight,1 for reaching the Final Four,and 1 for March Madness Runner-up.

Those are the rules and guidelines.All you have to do now is get out and vote when the Tourny launches.You may now fill out your brackets, lilg is hosting the official March Madness bracket pool!!

98Falcons.png

I have to go to Australia!

My booster club is not going to be happy with the travel arrangements :D

Looks like I'll be hitting up the alumni again to front some cash.

Actually you're headed to Hollywood baby!!You play your opening round at the Staples Center.

98Falcons.png

I was reading the rules and I couldn't understand why I was 12th seeded, until I saw I was #3 in Midwest!!!!! :D

I hope this becomes an annual thing... It hasn't started yet and I'm really excited about this!!!!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I was reading the rules and I couldn't understand why I was 12th seeded, until I saw I was #3 in Midwest!!!!! :D

I hope this becomes an annual thing... It hasn't started yet and I'm really excited about this!!!!

SO in theory, it could be pollux v pollux in the final? wow!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

For some reason, I feel kind of noble with my 16th seed.

I feel pretty good about this. And I will hold that nice thought until I see the number one seed's concept. Hell, I would be concerned putting my best concept up against his SIGNATURE, let alone his best work over the past several months.

Best of luck to everyone, and thanks again. Later!

I was reading the rules and I couldn't understand why I was 12th seeded, until I saw I was #3 in Midwest!!!!!  :D

SO in theory, it could be pollux v pollux in the final? wow!

I think this would be far fetched!

But I'm not the only one to have two entries in the contest... ^_^

Wow! Seeded 1st in the West and 4th in the Southeast? Ahead of people who I've looked up to for so long... payno, starchild, avenger, ez street, puckguy, mings... that honestly means so much to me. It kinda makes me realize how far I've come in 2 years here.

Well I'll be happy with any result as long as everyone plays fair.

I gotta be honest, if Nitro was in this... his Rockies Hometeam Haulover entry probably would win.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Eh, wow. I'm in trouble. The only thing is that I'm a mid level seed with a short road trip to LA. Although, Columbus makes up for it.

It will truly be a miracle if I get one concept out.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived