2005 CCSLC March Madness

robbman21

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What no Dickie V impersonation?

OH! THIS IS AWESOME BABY WITH A CAPITAL A! OR IF YOU'RE IN CANADA A CAPITAL EH!

You could see some major PTPers get shocked! UPSET CITY BABY!

Yikes, too much ESPN. :wacko:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

wow :) i'm honored to included as well. i hope i can turn some heads :D

only thing i'm worried about is the voting system. you say not to vote for ourselves, as i never do... but then you say that you can vote more than once, as long as you vote once every 24 hours......

i bet you can delete cookies and vote again, without the wait.

normally this wouldn't be a problem, but i'm not completely confident with the sportsmanship that some people on the forums have shown in the past... no one comes to mind as a cheater that i've seen in the brackets, so i'm not accusing anyone of planning to cheat.

i'm just saying we've had a bad track record with some contests in the past, and those contests actually had better security around them.

is there any chance we can have forum polls for all the matchups? obviously not filling up this entire section of the forum, but since this is such a big contest, is there any chance of getting a sub-forum for CCSLC March Madness? where we can host all the polls and discussions until this whole thing ends?

either way, it's not my contest :) i'm just proud to be included.

Cole that's a great idea. I think having a temporary sub-directory in Sports Logos would totally work. As much as the voting system has been flawed in the past, I trust it alot. I know that cheaters will eventually get caught over here.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Cole that's a great idea. I think having a temporary sub-directory in Sports Logos would totally work. As much as the voting system has been flawed in the past, I trust it alot. I know that cheaters will eventually get caught over here.

exactly.

we've caught the cheaters with this system in the past. if we pay extra attention for this march madness thing, i'm convinced we'll have a very fair contest. this whole idea is a great setup, imo. i'd hate to see it given anything less than a fair shot... besides, i think it would justify a temporary subforum, simply based on how much community interest this has already generated.

Hey if anyone from Minnesota is going to the staples center to see jps and puckguy and that part of the bracket ummmmm let me know because I am always up for a road trip..........hey how much are final four tickets going to be.

My number is 55-smoot

this is a great idea, we should do it for all playoffs, a 12 person tournament around NFL playoffs, 8 for baseball, and 16 for NBA and stanley cup. but make it only specific to that sport, so for example the twelve best football concepts get into the playoffs, just a suggestion for others to organize because I'm too lazy to do it myself.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I'm seeded #11 in the Midwest, and #13 in the West.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Hey Pollux, wouldn't it be great if we locked horns in the Championship?

I tell you, I'm going to throw one helluva shindig in the Northeast Regional Finals. I'm selling out the 3 games.

I'm going out with a bang either way.

I'm seeded #11 in the Midwest, and #13 in the West.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Hey Pollux, wouldn't it be great if we locked horns in the Championship?

I tell you, I'm going to throw one helluva shindig in the Northeast Regional Finals. I'm selling out the 3 games.

I'm going out with a bang either way.

We would have a blast in the Big-O, for an all PQ championship...

I'm gonna have to start pulling the 12th seed upset first though :D

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Let me throw in a couple of other things that was left out in my original rules and guidelines post to help set everyone's mind at ease.

POLLS Once you vote for the first time,your IP address is logged similar to what this board does to know who is posting under other identities.I made SURE that no one could repeatedly vote to help protect the integrity of the tournament.I

had a choice of how much I wanted to set it.I could have done it only once every 72 hours,but I chose one day so that members can be involved multiple times within each round.

SEEDINGS For seeds 5-12,I tried really really hard to make these as even and competitive as possible,ALA the real big dance.In the real big dance,most of the time the 11's and 12's are the final at-large's from major conferences and can beat anyone on any given night....hence the tendency for upsets in the 5-12 game.

Most of the higher seeds were all contest entrants where there was a pre-determined feel of how they ranked,and a lot of the 9-12 seeds were at-larges where all I had to go on was board feedback and C&C.I think of all the match-ups I made that may be questioned I do think I did a good job on the 5-12 seeds and I think the games will reflect that.

98Falcons.png

I gotta be honest, if Nitro was in this... his Rockies Hometeam Haulover entry probably would win.

Well now that seedings and the bracket is out,I'll let everyone in on something:Nitro's Rockies concept was penciled in to be the top seed in the Southeast,but I never got a response from my invite and so he did'nt make it in.To

his credit though I checked his profile and up to that point his last active day was the day BEFORE I sent out invites via PM and he still had'nt been back a few days after that,so it's likely he never recieved the invite.

98Falcons.png

Archived