Armstrong backs Paris bid

officeglenn

Lance Armstrong has publicly endorsed the Paris 2012 Summer Olympics bid over that of New York City: CNN.com

Seems like kind of an odd move for him, no?

I guess Lance went to Benedictine Arnold High School for that one! I'd love to see Philly host a few soccer matches at The Linc if NYC gets the 2012 bid.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I guess Lance went to Benedictine Arnold High School for that one! I'd love to see Philly host a few soccer matches at The Linc if NYC gets the 2012 bid.

Two questions:

1. Who the hell is Benedictine Arnold?

2. Why would Philadelphia host anything if NYC gets the Olympics? Wouldn't it all be held in the NYC & Meadowlands area?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

1. From my days as a writer on "The Bozo Show" on WGN-TV.

2. All the soccer matches can't be played in one city, they have to spread them out. Philly, Washington and Boston (read: Foxborough, Mass.) would be the likely sites as satellite hosts for these games with the Meadowlands serving as site for the semi-finals, third-place matches and finals.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I guess Lance went to Benedictine Arnold High School for that one!Β  I'd love to see Philly host a few soccer matches at The Linc if NYC gets the 2012 bid.

Two questions:

1. Who the hell is Benedictine Arnold?

2. Why would Philadelphia host anything if NYC gets the Olympics? Wouldn't it all be held in the NYC & Meadowlands area?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Well in the 1996 Atlanta games, soccer matches were played in places like Washington and for Sydney 2000, I know a few games were played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, so having Philly hosting soccer matches if NYC gets the 2012 games isn't really a stretch.

I saw, I came, I left.

Why would Philadelphia host anything if NYC gets the Olympics? Wouldn't it all be held in the NYC & Meadowlands area?

No. Olympic events are often held outside a city's geographic boundaries. In fact, it's not unprecedented for matches in the Olympic soccer tournament to be held outside the host city's metropolitan area.

For instance, soccer matches of the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta were held at RFK Stadium in Washington, Legion Field in Birmingham, the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, the Orange Bowl in Miami and Sanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia.

Similarly, soccer matches of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney were held at Bruce Stadium in Canberra, Hindmarsh Stadium in Adelaide, the Brisbane Cricket Grounds and the Melbourne Cricket Grounds, in addition to the Sydney Football Stadium and the main Olympic Stadium.

Lance has always said Paris was one of his favorite cities,ive always been mystifiyed by that though because most of France doesnt like him,or at least its portrayed that way in the media

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis ArchersΒ - MLF

Β 

1. From my days as a writer on "The Bozo Show" on WGN-TV.

I'm not sure there's anything that needs to be added to this, it really speaks for itself.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived