Blue ice. Interesting. But read on...

OMMF

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rink I used to play at when I was younger had that color ice with the regular color lines. I actually like it better. The orange looks stupid. BTW, on the diagram, the red line is still the regular size, you forgot to expand it to the new AHL size.

You? You mean the Sabres website. They're the ones who made the image, not Buffalofan. You might want to email them.

Didn't the (or don't) the Devils have black lines instead of blue lines?

Well, I've been going to to Devils games since they made the switch the black and red and I can tell you that they never had black lines. The organization would never do that as it would go well outside "tradition", something the team is dead-set against.

As for the blue ice it looks good. However I can see why they wouldn't put blue lines on blue ice. They would be kind of hard to see on tv. I don't know about the idea of orange lines. I like the dea someone else had of putting them in the teams colors. But alot of teams use blue and some only have 1 color. I don't know what they should do.

Edit: After seeing the picture and that the red line is blue the should stick with the red and blue lines. We know that color scheme works as it is the most used one in the world.

The rink I used to play at when I was younger had that color ice with the regular color lines. I actually like it better. The orange looks stupid. BTW, on the diagram, the red line is still the regular size, you forgot to expand it to the new AHL size.

Red lines would look fine on this light blue ice surface. Just look at the goal line and the trapezoid behind the crease...all you need is a slightly darker red, and everything looks normal. Not the golden orange-yellow lines...those look out of place.

The center line looks like it's AHL width...follow it to the boards and you can see the line on the boards is just as wide as the blue lines.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You? You mean the Sabres website. They're the ones who made the image, not Buffalofan. You might want to email them.

Well then yea, the Sabres site is off.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

and if you go to www.sabres.com ... it has a real pic of the ice

Doesn't look that bad. Not bad at all.

1110475509_top.jpg

The cathedral has been damaged. I can hear an announcer now. How did he not see that the play was offside? Oh that's right, the blue line is yellow.

Ladies and gentlemen, the NHL has reached an all time low. They're trying to make this gimmicky. If I want to see hockey played on a light blue surface with yellow lines, I'll watch my tapes of the old RHI on ESPN. Yes, even ROLLER hockey was on ESPN at one time.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The person who wrote that article obviously hasn't been following the AHL a lick this season. All of those rule changes he listed as if they were experimental for the two "blue ice" games have been in place all season.

Well I don't know how many people in Buffalo regularly make it to Rochester but I'm sure he wrote it from the mindset that there were going to be Sabre fans there who hadn't seen the A this year and were going just to see hockey at HSBC.

and if you go to www.sabres.com ... it has a real pic of the ice

Doesn't look that bad. Not bad at all.

1110475509_top.jpg

The cathedral has been damaged. I can hear an announcer now. How did he not see that the play was offside? Oh that's right, the blue line is yellow.

Ladies and gentlemen, the NHL has reached an all time low. They're trying to make this gimmicky. If I want to see hockey played on a light blue surface with yellow lines, I'll watch my tapes of the old RHI on ESPN. Yes, even ROLLER hockey was on ESPN at one time.

Ok I'm as a big a hockey fan as they come but I really don't see the problem with this. Painted ice? Ice is clear. It's painted white to make it look like it does now "normally." Colored lines? Same thing. I'm sure when they first started, people asked "Why aren't the lines the same color?" which is a legit question because there really is no need for them to be seperate colors anyway. So what's a little change in colors make different? I understand history and tradition but as far as red white and blue go, it's arbitrary.

Now if you want to talk bad changes like nets behind the goals, shootouts, the instigator rule, that's different. But something cosmetically different isn't something to go Chicken Little on.

as crazy as it sounds, my teacher told me that the montreal canadiens were gonna use a black ice surface with a white puck , he used to be a molson rep and he was one that had to try and promote this to the nhl. the owners of the habs were all for it. it was a marketing scheme for the owners molson so they could sell more of the brand of beer black ice.everything was ready to go but the league put a stop to the black ice and white puck charade. IMagine that though it would look so crazy. here is a mock up of what have could been,

blackice8ir.png

number933.gif

as crazy as it sounds, my teacher told me that the montreal canadiens were gonna use a black ice surface with a white puck , he used to be a molson rep and he was one that had to try and promote this to the nhl. the owners of the habs were all for it. it was a marketing scheme for the owners molson so they could sell more of the brand of beer black ice.everything was ready to go but the league put a stop to the black ice and white puck charade.

Wow. That could've ended up being more scarring than that 7th Heaven musical episode from a few weeks back.

The ice looks good, but I don't see wht they played with the lines... red & blue would have worked just fine.

I couldn't agree more. Those yellow lines & faceoff dots are weird and unnecessary.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I don't think the NHL will let this one fly with the blue center ice and orange "blue" lines at all. A lighter shade of blue would work better, though. BTW, what happened to the "HSBC Arena" logo?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived