Chargers release Flutie

DEAD!

Doug Flutie, you know how old he is?

He's 206.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Doug Flutie, you know how old he is?

He's 206.

Nice Mathematics there Jimmy.

well, 42 years old U.S. is probably...what..51'ish canadian...?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

The only CFL teams that could use him might be Ottawa-where he could tutor Joseph, or he could latch onto the Argos or TiCats to make a QB combo parallel to the LEafs 1966-67 goaltending tandem Bower & Sawchuk :D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

and thus, the legend of Flutie may have met its end...who knows, maybe he'll be like Major Harris and bounce around the semipros for a little bit, though I couldn't really see him going that route as the vast majority of semipro teams don't/can't afford to pay anybody. oddly enough, da Major's STILL bouncing around the semipro/arena circuits, last i heard.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

doug flutie could not be done yet, theres always the afl, the league that produced kurt warner.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

doug flutie could not be done yet, theres always the afl, the league that produced kurt warner.

on one hand i see where you're going...QB heaven in that you'd have a realistic shot at throwing 5 TDs every week like it's nothin, and get to throw on almost every play...and on the other hand, QB hell in that you MUST make your decisions a hell of a lot more quickly than in the NFL, and that's sayin somehting.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

For some reason I dont think this it it for him. I watched both of his starts the past two seasons, and he still has it. He can still move and can still throw.

Possible places for him to go (assuming he's smart and doesnt demand too much $):

1. Atlanta- Help the also undersized Vick become a better passer. Although FLutie will be number 3 because Matt Schaub will be the franchise backup.

2. Seattle- Hasslebeck is the guy there, but Seattle needs a backup. Flutie is not that man- Senneca Wallace is. Wallace is very talented, but is undersized (5 11) Let Flutie come in primarily to mentor Wallace, then Seattle has a solid back up until Hasslebeck is done, and when Hasslebeck is done Wallace gets a chance for a few years of starts.

3. New England- Is Rohan Davey even good, or is he just there because Brady simply doesnt get hurt? Let Flutie add even more character to this franchise. Brings Flutie back to the market that embraced him in college.

4. New Orleans- Bring some excitement to the team, plus give Brooks more competition/motivation than Todd Bouman.

5. Giants- Jesse Palmer sucks, and Manning will be plenty durable so Flutie makes money with a clipboard.

signature.gif

Archived