New York Knicks alternate concept

Starchild

Small side project to the Redesign one. Just figured if the Knicks were possibly to have an alternate jersey (which they shouldn't), it should not be orange. Rather, since the Knicks are the only other NBA team to be in its original location (Boston being the other), and all the rich history of the team, their jersey should reflect that as the current uniforms reflect the past but also are modernized. So, I present the following concept:

KnicksAlternateConcept_Small.gif

NOTES

-Obviously, the colors (navy blue and maroon) are from the late 70s/early 80s style worn by Earl Monroe and Michael Ray Richardson. I hate the current throwbacks, but the colors have the ability to look nice. The numbers are also in the same style. The overall jersey/shorts design is of the 1980s/1990s style Knicks jerseys pre-black (up to 1996 I believe). The token on the back of the jersey and the font/arch of 'ARIZA' is more of the current style.

Comments, criticism, and all that good stuff welcomed/desired/etc.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I love these uniforms but there a little too retro to be considered for an everyday jersey of today. I think if you changed the shorts up and added a little more complexity these would be a lot better.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived