Rocky the Roadrunner gets another makeover

CC97

The 3rd jersey looks WAYYYYY too much like the regular white jersey. Also, how come the blue jersey was the only one to get shoulder patches? Not bad, but definately could have been better. Especially with more of a Southwestern flavor. Those colors would seem to suit a SoCal team better. Anyone know anything about name/number font and colors?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colors suck big time. Major league disappointment. The jerseys are ok, but shoot, they could've done so much better.

BTW, this team is playing at the America West Arena, right? They do know about the 1/4 of the seats unvailable for viewing the entire rink.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The colors suck big time.  Major league disappointment.  The jerseys are ok, but shoot, they could've done so much better. 

BTW, this team is playing at the America West Arena, right?  They do know about the 1/4 of the seats unvailable for viewing the entire rink.

Well considering the team plays in the ECHL, I wouldn't think those seats would be available anyways. BTW remember those practice jerseys from the mid-90's?

I saw, I came, I left.

93-94 3rd

Runnersshuchukfrt.gif

Good God, I love those 'Runners alts. A shot just from the front doesn't even begin to do them justice. The lettering on the back is done in lower case, and the numerals have flames cut into the digits. How I long for one.

As for the new stuff... meh. Rocky is one of the rare occasions where I feel traditional. The PH(crossed hockey sticks) wordmark makes me physically ill. Is it that hard to spell Phoenix? The winged R is subpar also. I once designed a shoulder logo for the 'Runners that was simply the lowercase "r" with motion lines behind it. Simpler and better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

C'mon, props to the animation I made :)

54.gif

I enjoy the animated gif, showing what the logo looks liek in all of its iterations, though in general with 'new logo' releases, I'd like to see a frame of the OLD logo in there as well. I had to view every post in this thread to see the difference, cause i couldnt find ECHL on your site.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Marketing Guy: "How can we make this guy look even LESS like a Roadrunner?"

Designer: "Hmmmm, maybe thicken and shorten his beak?"

Marketing Guy: "Good start! Now, steal the Warner Bros RR tail and think of a really stupid hairstyle.......I'll be back to see how it's coming after lunch."

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Combine the Road Runner with Heckle and Jeckle, with a little Woody Woodpecker. Add ice and stir, serve liberally.

now what gentlemen's club do they serve that at?

The Dirty Bird, Atlanta

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

As a Roadrunner fan since 1970, I'll miss the old "Rocky". However, the more I look at the new one the more I like it. The new Rocky looks like he's wearing a real

hockey jersey as opposed to a skin-tight shirt, which is an approvement. The head doesn't look as good as the old one; it resembles a tired crow. They should have incorporated the original's wide-eyed, wise-ass smirk. The third jersey is a nice tribute to the WHL team. This style was worn from 1967-71.

I think the powder blue and gold are fabulous. I don't care for the black because this means they'll probably wear black pants, which won't look good with the alt. jersey. I'm curious to see how light the blue will be once the jerseys are formally introduced. The original jerseys from the WHL were more of a light royal blue similar to the Stl Blues of that era. Someone mentioned earlier that the colors better fit a SoCal team. Well, the original 'runner Pres. and co-owner, Bob Whitlow,

was a UCLA grad.

Archived