please be brutally honest...

leggman01

i know that this eagle is a lot like a number of other eagles that we've all seen, but i wanted to start out with something simple

i drew the eagle, and traced it with a pretty thick sharpie, hence the thick black lines (gotta get a thinner tracing pen...first lesson learned), then scanned it, and made some slight edits in paint shop pro 8 - i tried to "vectorize" it using pat cummings instructions, but psp doesn't seem to behave quite like illustrator - some of the concepts are similar, but my outlines were always "pixilated" - thanks for any c&c and tips

eagles2jv.png

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

jldesigns404eo.png

That's a really nice start. The logo definately needs a cleaning up, but with some work this baby could look great.

Some suggestions. The colour is sort of nasty. Im a fan of brown as a colour but this resembles pewk colour. As well it needs more white space around the eye. Also in rotate it so its not facing up as much as before. Maybe just 15' to the right.

Thats just my opinion, with some cleaning up as I said this could ber real nice. Great job

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Actually, I kind of like the fact that the eagle is pointed slightly upward. It makes him look proud, determined, and ready to accomplish great things.

I agree with the opinion on the color - I just don't really like that shade of brown.

Are you trying to use paint shop pro to vectorize? If so, I don't think the problem is so much you as the program. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe PSP is a vector based program. You would need Corel Draw, Illustrator, or Xara for that. If the problem is $$$, you might try searching for Zoner Draw 3 or Inkscape. While not high end, both are vector based and completely free...

LT

You can do Vectorizing in Paint Shop Pro -- but I never really liked it, especially compared to Illustrator.

There's a program called Inkscape, that I believe is a vector based program which is free (I think). There's an option to get the lines non-pixelated, just click on the 'anti-alias' option, I believe it is.

IUe6Hvh.png

Actually, I kind of like the fact that the eagle is pointed slightly upward. It makes him look proud, determined, and ready to accomplish great things.

I agree with this statement. The Philly Eagle facing down looks like he's diving--a little tough, but this does look proud. I like it.

As for the color. I don't mind it, but there are otehr good choices too.

As for the drawing. Better than I can do (which is not saying much)

Pretty good overall.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

leggman,

Obviously, kind of rough. There's also a bump in his beak that I think needs removed. Try make the head white, not that nasty shade of brown.

On the positive side...I also like the way he's looking to the sky, that adds a little viewer interest. I also appreciate the simplicity of the logo. Anymore, I feel that some designers get way too complicated with their designs.

Stay tough and keep 'em coming.... B)

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Archived