College Hockey Concepts

Dan12020

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interjecting my 2 cents...

Most of these are spectacular designs, and I wish most of these schools had teams that could wear them.

TEXAS (1st concept): The longhorn is so ubiquitous and so readily identified with UT, writing "TEXAS" on top of it is redundant. Leaving the head by itself would look sweet.

KANSAS: Two things: how about using the "Kansas" font for the numbers, to tie it in with its most identifiable team (basketball)? They have used the same font for about 15 years, and had something kinda like it before that. Also, the blue mesh panels on the red alt look very much out of place.

MISS. STATE: Why the gold arch on the white jersey? Is it a school color, because I never saw that used.

ALABAMA: The shoulder numbers are upside down if you look at the jerseys from the front. Otherwise, they're my favorites from tarheeltider (incidentally, tht - the other jerseys need shoulder numbers; they look unfinished).

ARKANSAS: The home and away don't look like they belong much to each other. One has stripes toward the wrists, one doesn't. The shoulder stripes aren't similar, and the ones on the white jersey don't flow - there's a smooth arch that starts on the elbows and extends to the shoulders, then suddenly there is a wedge from the armpits that intersects that smooth arch.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here is my next set, SUNY at Stonybrook Sea Wolves. Let me know what you think, and bring more requests cause I'm willing to do them. Also let me know what your favorite jerseys are. C&C always welcome and appreciated.

StonybrookAway.gif

StonybrookHome.gif

StonybrookAlt.gif

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

Dan2025 - very nice set of jerseys.

Not nit picking, but on your Old Dominion Unis, check the back of the collar, they are green when they should be blue - might have missed that.

Great job!!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 3 weeks later...

Allow me to keep this thing going...

Here's a concept for my alma mater, Missouri State University (ACHA-II, MACHA Gold Division). This is not far off from what the Bears wore last year, the final season as Southwest Missouri State University - based on the Phoenix Coyotes template. The shoulder logo is one of the new MO State logos, which I refer to as Pedestal "M," shown below.

msu6.gif

Jersey template and resources courtesy of Father "Time?".

Home:

MSUhockey1.png

Road:

MSUhockey2.png

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Y'know, I wonder what the bear logo would look like as a negative image--mostly white, with maroon detailing--for the maroon jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Y'know, I wonder what the bear logo would look like as a negative image--mostly white, with maroon detailing--for the maroon jersey.

In a word...Gah! Remember, you asked for this:

gah.png

Shortly after the new Bear was introduced in the late '90's they used the "reverse image" on maroon things - t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. I never thought it looked right. That fall they put up banners for the "Bearfest Village" pre-football game tailgate parties with the reverse image. They were replaced with the "regular" bear the next week and I have not seen the "reverse" image used by the university again. I have not seen a style guide or anything like that, but I assume they ask the logo not be displayed that way. The bear is used in its regular colors on maroon things like old football helmets and road basketball shorts (in the background, behind SIU's Brad KOrn).

Southwest_Missouri_St.gif

KornTKO.jpg

Any other critiques on the Missouri State set? I wasn't sure about the collars. I had the maroon jersey with a maroon collar for a while, then at the last second decided with white. Overall I think it's a sharp, traditional look. I may try something fancier later...if I can get my paws on some high-quality, high-res images of the new logos.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright guys, I've just gotten back into the swing of things and have started looking at the requests, All requests will be attempted I just have to get the time. But for now here is a little teaser....

NotreDame-Home.gif

I'll finish the set soon!

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

Archived